Alien VS Predator opinions?

Discuss the latest movies or television series, or debate old classics. Spoilers are allowed!

Moderator: Regulators

Alien VS Predator opinions?

Postby Galactape » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:15 pm

I was gonna watch it, but wanted your opinions on it? Let me know.
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Re: Alien VS Predator opinions?

Postby daredevil96 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:42 pm

DEFINETLY WATCH THE MOVIE. ITS JUST A COLLABORATION OF THE ALIEN AND PREDATOR FILMS RIGHT IN THE HEART OF ANTARCTICA. DEFINATLYY WATCH THE SEQUEL ITS JUST AS EXCITING! :D
" Lord, I am not worthy to receive you into my heart, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed "

- Daredevil96: Charlie's Custom Studio
daredevil96
Casual Realmer

Location: Sugar Land, Texas, yes it sounds like a board game title.

Postby thejado101 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:56 pm

Well, I have seen the original alien film and the original predator film and both are incredible. Although i have not seen alien vs predator, I would say that the originals on their own are very different films entirely. I say you should watch it, however the contrasting films may not work well together, but I still think you should go ahead and watch it. But also watch the original alien and original predator films as they are both brilliant, but I think they are both 18. They aren't as violent as anything on tv or in the cinema nowadays, but there is the one scene In alien... I would say alien is more of a sci fi/horror, while predator is more of an action/thriller/kind of suspense. Im not sure what genre alien v predator would be. Anyway, it's your choice, whatever suits you, but I would suggest watching the originals if you haven't, but I would like to know how alien vs predator is, so watch that as well if your in for a sci fi mashup!
thejado101
Avid Realmer

Postby bobtheodd » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:27 pm

I enjoyed them(own them both) but a lot of fans of the individual films series didn't.
bobtheodd
Elite Realmer

Postby thejado101 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:34 pm

I might have to watch alien vs predator now :D
thejado101
Avid Realmer

Postby therapist » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:48 pm

It isn't the very worse movie I ever saw. I think I kind of enjoyed Freddy vs Jason more then AvP but still not a bad film. Some of the suspense that was in the original Alien movies was missing but the action pumped up. I liked the sequel more but neither was horrid nor film masterpiece.
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Galactape » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:40 pm

daredevil96 wrote:DEFINETLY WATCH THE MOVIE. ITS JUST A COLLABORATION OF THE ALIEN AND PREDATOR FILMS RIGHT IN THE HEART OF ANTARCTICA. DEFINATLYY WATCH THE SEQUEL ITS JUST AS EXCITING! :D

I guess I will have too try it then!
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Postby Galactape » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:43 pm

thejado101 wrote:Well, I have seen the original alien film and the original predator film and both are incredible. Although i have not seen alien vs predator, I would say that the originals on their own are very different films entirely. I say you should watch it, however the contrasting films may not work well together, but I still think you should go ahead and watch it. But also watch the original alien and original predator films as they are both brilliant, but I think they are both 18. They aren't as violent as anything on tv or in the cinema nowadays, but there is the one scene In alien... I would say alien is more of a sci fi/horror, while predator is more of an action/thriller/kind of suspense. Im not sure what genre alien v predator would be. Anyway, it's your choice, whatever suits you, but I would suggest watching the originals if you haven't, but I would like to know how alien vs predator is, so watch that as well if your in for a sci fi mashup!

Haven't seen any of them yet, I actually only started to have interest after the Great Movie Ride at Walt Disney World :D . That was a while back , but I never get the time to sit down and watch them. Yet, before I had a chance to watch them, the AVP came out which really boosted my interest in them. Unfortunatey, once again lost the time. Now is the time, especially with the release of Prometheus!
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Postby Galactape » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:45 pm

Thanks for the opinions guys, I already ordered AVP, so I guess that's first. Then comes the rest of them!
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Postby NEOTHEONE » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:57 pm

LOL someones going through the alien and predator phase ^ :D
The Alien movies, predator movies, and avp movies are 3 completely different styles.
I liked all of them but each series is different.
Alien was a very suspenseful sci fi horror film. Def my fav of all of them
Aliens was also very good but it was just an action packed james cameron movie and thats why i prefer the first.
Alien 3 and 4 were just ok.
Predator was incredible and although the second one was different, it was also very good.
Predators was a nice remake but does not stand close to the original.
AVP was a very interesting mix between the two and im glad they brought the two universes together.
Lots of people HATED the avp movies and believe that they have ruined the franchise. The second one was not as good as the first but it was still cool.

PROMETHEUS WAS AWESOME. the only problem was it answered a few questions about the aliens but left SOOOO many more unanswered.
Overall, this series of alien, predator, and alien vs predator movies are very entertaining and you wont know whether you will like them or not unless you watch them yourself. Enjoy :D
NEOTHEONE
Avid Realmer

Postby Galactape » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:43 pm

NEOTHEONE wrote:LOL someones going through the alien and predator phase ^ :D
The Alien movies, predator movies, and avp movies are 3 completely different styles.
I liked all of them but each series is different.
Alien was a very suspenseful sci fi horror film. Def my fav of all of them
Aliens was also very good but it was just an action packed james cameron movie and thats why i prefer the first.
Alien 3 and 4 were just ok.
Predator was incredible and although the second one was different, it was also very good.
Predators was a nice remake but does not stand close to the original.
AVP was a very interesting mix between the two and im glad they brought the two universes together.
Lots of people HATED the avp movies and believe that they have ruined the franchise. The second one was not as good as the first but it was still cool.

PROMETHEUS WAS AWESOME. the only problem was it answered a few questions about the aliens but left SOOOO many more unanswered.
Overall, this series of alien, predator, and alien vs predator movies are very entertaining and you wont know whether you will like them or not unless you watch them yourself. Enjoy :D

So are the Prometheus aliens a early stage of the A L I E N movie Aliens?
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Postby NEOTHEONE » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:00 pm

ill pm you about it
NEOTHEONE
Avid Realmer

Postby mantisLJD » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:49 am

NEOTHEONE wrote:Predators was a nice remake but does not stand close to the original.

Predators isn't a remake!
Therapist wrote:UWE BOLL sounds like a digestive disease UWE BOLL Rocks sounds like a much more painful form of the same disease.
mantisLJD
Inductee Realmer

Postby NEOTHEONE » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:07 pm

It was a reboot.
NEOTHEONE
Avid Realmer

Postby therapist » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:35 pm

NEOTHEONE wrote:It was a reboot.

I thought it was a sequal. The mentioned the first film off handidly in Predators. The original plan and the novel had it far more clear that it was a sequal.

I suppose there is a lot of reboot reports just didnt seem as such
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Next

Return to Movies and Televison Shows