Alien VS Predator opinions?

Discuss the latest movies or television series, or debate old classics. Spoilers are allowed!

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Alien VS Predator opinions?

Postby HeartBreakKid » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:32 pm

Galactape wrote:Haven't seen any of them yet, !

That is just wrong strange and disturbing....whats next you never seen Texas Chainsaw Massacre! ...Dude....PEOPLE IN THE FILM GET LITERALLY MASSACRED WITH CHAINSAWS!
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby therapist » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:08 am

yamivash 0 wrote:

PEOPLE IN THE FILM GET LITERALLY MASSACRED WITH CHAINSAWS!

IN TEXAS! :o :shock:
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Galactape » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:42 am

yamivash 0 wrote:

That is just wrong strange and disturbing....whats next you never seen Texas Chainsaw Massacre! ...Dude....PEOPLE IN THE FILM GET LITERALLY MASSACRED WITH CHAINSAWS!

Nope, not that one either. Just watched AVP on Friday though! Gonna watch Requiem next.
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Postby thejado101 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:54 am

Galactape wrote:
yamivash 0 wrote:

Nope, not that one either. Just watched AVP on Friday though! Gonna watch Requiem next.

what did you think of it?
thejado101
Avid Realmer

Postby therapist » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:38 am

Galactape wrote:
yamivash 0 wrote:

....kids these days ](*,) [-(
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby NEOTHEONE » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:46 pm

it still was a reboot for the predator series. Just like prometheus was a reboot for the alien series.
NEOTHEONE
Avid Realmer

Postby therapist » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:11 pm

NEOTHEONE wrote:it still was a reboot for the predator series. Just like prometheus was a reboot for the alien series.

That one I am hearing many debates about. From what I understand Prometheus is a prequal or a psuedo-prequal at the very least

Hell my research also is leading me to believe predators is indeed not a reboot of the franchise. Just a reboot of the 2nd film. Many die hard superfans call predators the true sequal to predator. But actually this is all so interesting :lol:
Last edited by therapist on Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby NEOTHEONE » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:47 pm

It is, But it is a prequel that is being used to "reboot" the series.
NEOTHEONE
Avid Realmer

Postby NEOTHEONE » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:53 pm

A reboot is a film that is new to a series of films created in the past to jump start the series again. Such as Prometheus and Predators. Its also misused quite a bit by the film industry now. Just about every sequel is considered a reboot now for example "Ghost Rider Spirit Of Vengeance." It is commonly told to be a reboot for ghostrider because the first one "sucked" in most peoples opinions, but really its just a sequel. Real reboots are like The new Spiderman coming out, The New Planet of the Apes Movie, Prometheus, Total Recall. Just stuff like that. :D
NEOTHEONE
Avid Realmer

Postby therapist » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:08 pm

NEOTHEONE wrote:A reboot is a film that is new to a series of films created in the past to jump start the series again. Such as Prometheus and Predators. Its also misused quite a bit by the film industry now. Just about every sequel is considered a reboot now for example "Ghost Rider Spirit Of Vengeance." It is commonly told to be a reboot for ghostrider because the first one "sucked" in most peoples opinions, but really its just a sequel. Real reboots are like The new Spiderman coming out, The New Planet of the Apes Movie, Prometheus, Total Recall. Just stuff like that. :D

Seems someone is just covering their @s$ cuz they were wrong :lol:

Hell hollywood and every mag called spirit of vengeance a sequal and they are also calling ghostbusters three a sequel. Its jargon. Rather we like it or not we either use it in the same sense as they do or we will get confused. I guess I can understand why youd be confused, you probably just stumbled on some bad blogs.

Also as per the fact that prometheus is the same universe as Aliens it in fact cannot be a reboot. Rather a prequel that works on its own
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby NEOTHEONE » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:17 pm

We will have to agree to disagree my fellow realmer 8)
NEOTHEONE
Avid Realmer

Postby therapist » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:25 pm

NEOTHEONE wrote:We will have to agree to disagree my fellow realmer 8)

I suppose so. Only thing I dont get is how some people can be so delusional. I mean ridley scott penned Prometheus as a prequal and even though it went through major rewrites he himself said it was in the same universe but just focused on its own mythos.

Anyway. Did you like the movie Gtape?
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby NEOTHEONE » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:33 pm

Ridley Scott said it was not an Alien Prequel. I think it was totally a prequel and it was absolutely a reboot for the alien franchise. I will admit that predators was not a remake, but it was definitely close to the original. Same dialogue, character archetypes, crud even similar music. It was practically a remake and it was also definitely a reboot for the series.
NEOTHEONE
Avid Realmer

Postby therapist » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:02 pm

NEOTHEONE wrote:Ridley Scott said it was not an Alien Prequel. I think it was totally a prequel and it was absolutely a reboot for the alien franchise. I will admit that predators was not a remake, but it was definitely close to the original. Same dialogue, character archetypes, crud even similar music. It was practically a remake and it was also definitely a reboot for the series.

I am confused by what your saying. It seems you are now changing the meaning of reboot. First you say amazing spiderman is a reboot. Now you say prometheus is a prequel AND reboot....that contridicts itself. Then you say Predators is not a remake but it is a reboot..... again contridiction.

A reboot is something like:
Amazing spiderman
New 52
anything that majorly changes the universe we are in

A remake/ reimagining is something like
The wolfman
Strangers
charlie in the chocolate factory
Anything that keeps the same stories but changes few elements to modernize it.

A sequel/prequel is something like:
Prometheus
Halo 4
gears of war judgement
Red dragon
anything that stays in the same universe and continues the story of that universe.

In Laverne and Shirley is not a reboot. Nor is mork and mindy and in star wars the spin offs and expanded universe are not considered reboots or remakes.

At this time I am reminded of a quote by a friend of mine. The problem with young people today is they would rather be stupid and "right" then be smart and wrong.
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby therapist » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:02 pm

NEOTHEONE wrote:Ridley Scott said it was not an Alien Prequel. I think it was totally a prequel and it was absolutely a reboot for the alien franchise. I will admit that predators was not a remake, but it was definitely close to the original. Same dialogue, character archetypes, crud even similar music. It was practically a remake and it was also definitely a reboot for the series.

I am confused by what your saying. It seems you are now changing the meaning of reboot. First you say amazing spiderman is a reboot. Now you say prometheus is a prequel AND reboot....that contridicts itself. Then you say Predators is not a remake but it is a reboot..... again contridiction.

A reboot is something like:
Amazing spiderman
New 52
anything that majorly changes the universe we are in

A remake/ reimagining is something like
The wolfman
Strangers
charlie in the chocolate factory
Anything that keeps the same stories but changes few elements to modernize it.

A sequel/prequel is something like:
Prometheus
Halo 4
gears of war judgement
Red dragon
anything that stays in the same universe and continues the story of that universe.

In Laverne and Shirley is not a reboot. Nor is mork and mindy and in star wars the spin offs and expanded universe are not considered reboots or remakes.

At this time I am reminded of a quote by a friend of mine. The problem with young people today is they would rather be stupid and "right" then be smart and wrong.
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Movies and Televison Shows