Alien VS Predator opinions?

Discuss the latest movies or television series, or debate old classics. Spoilers are allowed!

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Alien VS Predator opinions?

Postby NEOTHEONE » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:13 pm

I consider a reboot to be a new product used to Re(as in again) and Boot(as in get it out to the public.) Almost like a jumpstart for the franchise to earn more money on things in which they've already become famous for. If you catch my drift. I know your trying to correct me without being rude but you haven't really provided enough evidence to change my belief yet. Get me some definitions or something to prove your point in a less rude way( I'm not sure if you realize thats how you come off being is rude, with all of the quotes about young people being stupid and stuff. What ever it doesn't phase me. Must be my teen rebelliousness but try to be a little nice.) Prove me wrong and I will admit to being incorrect.
User avatar
NEOTHEONE
Avid Realmer
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:21 am
Location: US

Re: Alien VS Predator opinions?

Postby therapist » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:30 pm

NEOTHEONE wrote:I consider a reboot to be a new product used to Re(as in again) and Boot(as in get it out to the public.) Almost like a jumpstart for the franchise to earn more money on things in which they've already become famous for. If you catch my drift. I know your trying to correct me without being rude but you haven't really provided enough evidence to change my belief yet. Get me some definitions or something to prove your point in a less rude way( I'm not sure if you realize thats how you come off being is rude, with all of the quotes about young people being stupid and stuff. What ever it doesn't phase me. Must be my teen rebelliousness but try to be a little nice.) Prove me wrong and I will admit to being incorrect.

Thats actually really funny becouse when one states they do not care it is because they care. My friend who told me that quote also told me those who try to teach always think we are being rude :lol: he must be absurdly smart. Also when reading my last post I thought of a possibility. I was gunna post it but I figured all your angst would force you to post again so I was waiting for that. Maybe instead of prometheus being a remake a reboot or a prequel it is a spin off.

As for reboot. It means to restart. Such as when you reboot your computer. When you boot a disk or computer you start it. When you REboot it you REstart it. You are not restarting it if you are using the same story universe or characters. You are continuing or adding upon it.
"Untouchable Customs"
Image
User avatar
therapist
Realm of Famer
 
Posts: 2443
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:39 pm
Location: Behind closed doors

Re: Alien VS Predator opinions?

Postby NEOTHEONE » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:34 pm

How does rebooting a computer have anything to do with the movie term reboot? here read this. Maybe you'll understand where i'm coming from a little better. http://filmverse.wordpress.com/2011/11/ ... e-retired/ And really this rude crud you keep posting is getting old.
User avatar
NEOTHEONE
Avid Realmer
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:21 am
Location: US

Re: Alien VS Predator opinions?

Postby therapist » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:44 pm

NEOTHEONE wrote:How does rebooting a computer have anything to do with the movie term reboot? here read this. Maybe you'll understand where i'm coming from a little better. http://filmverse.wordpress.com/2011/11/ ... e-retired/ And really this rude crud you keep posting is getting old.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reboot_(fiction)

Because your parents child protection block clearly keeps you from wikipedia. It states that a reboot is when they discard much if not all previous fiction. Thus amazing spider-man is a reboot. Men in black three is not.

Film terms that SHOULD be retired has no point here as SHOULD is an opinion.
"Untouchable Customs"
Image
User avatar
therapist
Realm of Famer
 
Posts: 2443
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:39 pm
Location: Behind closed doors

Re: Alien VS Predator opinions?

Postby NEOTHEONE » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:56 pm

Wikipedia is an online database that anyone can update. Not a reliable source. What did prometheus do? I recall seeing a similar ship, with similar aliens, with similar crew members. But absolutely none of it was what we have seen before. If you haven't seen it, Scott didn't have any of the alien things we learned to love and like. Just similar things. So technically they did reboot the series because they did discard much of the previous fiction as far as we know. Same with predators in a way. Sure they had predators in it but it was pretty much a reboot of the first one with added (super predators, river ghost aliens, being dropped on game preserves, Morpheus, The predators being picked on by other predators.) Although it did mention the first movie. Its still not enough to not consider these movies reboots. Amazing Spiderman is a reboot. Different cast, plot, creatures. But it still has spiderman and that he has the ability to shoot webs and climb up walls and he still looked like Spiderman.. Just as Prometheus and Predators had different creatures, cast, plot. Predators still looked like predators and did predator crud like predators. Prometheus didnt have facehuggers, had throat snakes and giant squid babies, didnt have Xenomorphs, just had this blue creature that looked kind of like an alien, didnt have ripley, had a dragon tattoo chick. They are reboots
User avatar
NEOTHEONE
Avid Realmer
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:21 am
Location: US

Re: Alien VS Predator opinions?

Postby Galactape » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:53 pm

thejado101 wrote:what did you think of it?

I liked it, thought the special effects were really good. Overall a very good movie in my opinion. The scene in the end with the Alien Queen was pretty awsome! Gonna watch requiem next!
Image
User avatar
Galactape
Realm of Famer
 
Posts: 2011
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:57 pm
Location: In the shadows of the Misty Mountains

Re: Alien VS Predator opinions?

Postby Galactape » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:56 pm

Therapist wrote:


Anyway. Did you like the movie Gtape?

Yeah, it was pretty epic. Oh, and the reason I haven't watched Chainsaw Massacre is cause I really don't like that kind of movie , although I will admit that House down the street movie looked pretty interesting :lol: . Gonna watch Requium before the Predators and Aliend, I know I am out of order here, but I just gotta see that hybrid in action!
Image
User avatar
Galactape
Realm of Famer
 
Posts: 2011
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:57 pm
Location: In the shadows of the Misty Mountains

Re: Alien VS Predator opinions?

Postby NEOTHEONE » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:25 pm

Galactape wrote:
Therapist wrote:


Anyway. Did you like the movie Gtape?

Yeah, it was pretty epic. Oh, and the reason I haven't watched Chainsaw Massacre is cause I really don't like that kind of movie , although I will admit that House down the street movie looked pretty interesting :lol: . Gonna watch Requium before the Predators and Aliend, I know I am out of order here, but I just gotta see that hybrid in action!


I think your doing it in a good order though. Your watching the worst of the series first ( i think they are good but compared to the others they are the worst) and they give alot of background info. You will be more interested in the old ones now and you get to save the best for last.
User avatar
NEOTHEONE
Avid Realmer
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:21 am
Location: US

Re: Alien VS Predator opinions?

Postby therapist » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:42 pm

NEOTHEONE wrote:Wikipedia is an online database that anyone can update. Not a reliable source. What did prometheus do? I recall seeing a similar ship, with similar aliens, with similar crew members. But absolutely none of it was what we have seen before. If you haven't seen it, Scott didn't have any of the alien things we learned to love and like. Just similar things. So technically they did reboot the series because they did discard much of the previous fiction as far as we know. Same with predators in a way. Sure they had predators in it but it was pretty much a reboot of the first one with added (super predators, river ghost aliens, being dropped on game preserves, Morpheus, The predators being picked on by other predators.) Although it did mention the first movie. Its still not enough to not consider these movies reboots. Amazing Spiderman is a reboot. Different cast, plot, creatures. But it still has spiderman and that he has the ability to shoot webs and climb up walls and he still looked like Spiderman.. Just as Prometheus and Predators had different creatures, cast, plot. Predators still looked like predators and did predator crud like predators. Prometheus didnt have facehuggers, had throat snakes and giant squid babies, didnt have Xenomorphs, just had this blue creature that looked kind of like an alien, didnt have ripley, had a dragon tattoo chick. They are reboots

what your failing to understand is the film community will not view it as a reboot as per it is set in the same universe. Kind of like every Nightmare On Elm Street Friday The 13th is not a reboot ust cuz they change up the design of the badguy and the cast

I do agree with you on the fact that Gtape is watching the worst first. Predator and Alien are the best IMO


I know Gtape just certain movies are classic and even if your not a fan you should give a chance
"Untouchable Customs"
Image
User avatar
therapist
Realm of Famer
 
Posts: 2443
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:39 pm
Location: Behind closed doors

Re: Alien VS Predator opinions?

Postby HeartBreakKid » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:43 pm

Galactape wrote: Oh, and the reason I haven't watched Chainsaw Massacre is cause I really don't like that kind of movie

Ah , gotya...Twilight fan eh?
Image
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
User avatar
HeartBreakKid
Regulator
 
Posts: 2906
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 1:48 am
Location: Where the wild things are.

Re: Alien VS Predator opinions?

Postby NEOTHEONE » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:15 pm

Therapist wrote:
NEOTHEONE wrote:Wikipedia is an online database that anyone can update. Not a reliable source. What did prometheus do? I recall seeing a similar ship, with similar aliens, with similar crew members. But absolutely none of it was what we have seen before. If you haven't seen it, Scott didn't have any of the alien things we learned to love and like. Just similar things. So technically they did reboot the series because they did discard much of the previous fiction as far as we know. Same with predators in a way. Sure they had predators in it but it was pretty much a reboot of the first one with added (super predators, river ghost aliens, being dropped on game preserves, Morpheus, The predators being picked on by other predators.) Although it did mention the first movie. Its still not enough to not consider these movies reboots. Amazing Spiderman is a reboot. Different cast, plot, creatures. But it still has spiderman and that he has the ability to shoot webs and climb up walls and he still looked like Spiderman.. Just as Prometheus and Predators had different creatures, cast, plot. Predators still looked like predators and did predator crud like predators. Prometheus didnt have facehuggers, had throat snakes and giant squid babies, didnt have Xenomorphs, just had this blue creature that looked kind of like an alien, didnt have ripley, had a dragon tattoo chick. They are reboots

what your failing to understand is the film community will not view it as a reboot as per it is set in the same universe. Kind of like every Nightmare On Elm Street Friday The 13th is not a reboot ust cuz they change up the design of the badguy and the cast

I do agree with you on the fact that Gtape is watching the worst first. Predator and Alien are the best IMO


I know Gtape just certain movies are classic and even if your not a fan you should give a chance


The new friday the 13th and nightmare on elm street were also reboots.
User avatar
NEOTHEONE
Avid Realmer
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:21 am
Location: US

Re: Alien VS Predator opinions?

Postby therapist » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:20 pm

NEOTHEONE wrote:
Therapist wrote:
NEOTHEONE wrote:Wikipedia is an online database that anyone can update. Not a reliable source. What did prometheus do? I recall seeing a similar ship, with similar aliens, with similar crew members. But absolutely none of it was what we have seen before. If you haven't seen it, Scott didn't have any of the alien things we learned to love and like. Just similar things. So technically they did reboot the series because they did discard much of the previous fiction as far as we know. Same with predators in a way. Sure they had predators in it but it was pretty much a reboot of the first one with added (super predators, river ghost aliens, being dropped on game preserves, Morpheus, The predators being picked on by other predators.) Although it did mention the first movie. Its still not enough to not consider these movies reboots. Amazing Spiderman is a reboot. Different cast, plot, creatures. But it still has spiderman and that he has the ability to shoot webs and climb up walls and he still looked like Spiderman.. Just as Prometheus and Predators had different creatures, cast, plot. Predators still looked like predators and did predator crud like predators. Prometheus didnt have facehuggers, had throat snakes and giant squid babies, didnt have Xenomorphs, just had this blue creature that looked kind of like an alien, didnt have ripley, had a dragon tattoo chick. They are reboots

what your failing to understand is the film community will not view it as a reboot as per it is set in the same universe. Kind of like every Nightmare On Elm Street Friday The 13th is not a reboot just cuz they change up the design of the badguy and the cast

I do agree with you on the fact that Gtape is watching the worst first. Predator and Alien are the best IMO

I know Gtape just certain movies are classic and even if your not a fan you should give a chance


The new friday the 13th and nightmare on elm street were also reboots.


... You just proved you do not read what is put before you thus meaning you go under the category of people who are unable and or unwilling to learn :lol: this conversation is over :lol:
"Untouchable Customs"
Image
User avatar
therapist
Realm of Famer
 
Posts: 2443
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:39 pm
Location: Behind closed doors

Re: Alien VS Predator opinions?

Postby NEOTHEONE » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:06 am

I read what you said. But your wrong. So stop acting like your so smart. You are wrong.
User avatar
NEOTHEONE
Avid Realmer
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:21 am
Location: US

Re: Alien VS Predator opinions?

Postby therapist » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:12 am

NEOTHEONE wrote:I read what you said. But your wrong. So stop acting like your so smart. You are wrong.

:lol: stop throwing a temper tantrum :lol:
"Untouchable Customs"
Image
User avatar
therapist
Realm of Famer
 
Posts: 2443
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:39 pm
Location: Behind closed doors

Re: Alien VS Predator opinions?

Postby NEOTHEONE » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:13 am

Im playing arkham asylum. How could I be angry? but your wrong
User avatar
NEOTHEONE
Avid Realmer
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:21 am
Location: US

PreviousNext

Return to Movies and Televison Shows

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


cron