Ryu's Krew -- WEBCOMIC

Show off your other non-figure custom creations here, such as model kits, garage-kits, dioramas, or maybe the next Clone Army invasion!

Moderator: Regulators

Ryu's Krew -- WEBCOMIC

Postby ryuskrew » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:09 pm

THIS COMIC CONTAINS VIOLENCE, SWEARING, AND SOME THEMES THAT PARENTS MIGHT NOT FIND SUITABLE FOR KIDS. SO IF YOU ARE UNDER 16, PLEASE HAVE A PARENT'S PERMISSION BEFORE READING.

Saw some people posting drawings, so I thought it'd be chill for me to jump in and post a few pages from my upcoming Graphic Novel series by the name of Ryu's Krew.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Plot Synopsis:
In a world full of anthropomorphic creatures, the Greek Gods are at war with the power-hungry God of Mischief, Loki. Loki wishes to kill the Gods, absorb their power and recreate life in his image. He invades Mount Olympus, attempting to assassinate Zeus. Zeus successfully defends himself, but ends up getting one of his brethren, Hermes killed while Loki is demonstrating his destructive power. Upon his mourning, Zeus finds, kills, and brings 3 skilled criminals to Mount Olympus. Giving them the choice of life and working for them as a team of incredibly powerful soldiers known as the Soldiers of the Gods, or dying and repenting for their sins. The 3 accept and after a long 50 years of training, they are ready to face whatever Loki and his minions have to throw at them. It is up to the Soldiers to gain access to Loki's Homeworld, via 12 keycards held by the infamous Colossi, who are all scattered throughout the universe. Can the Soldiers defeat Loki before Loki can defeat them?

---------------------------------------------------------------
A Bit of History:
Ryu's Krew is based upon assorted Mythologies (mostly Greek and Norse *yes I am aware Loki is a Norse God*) combined with my own ideas. It is an epic story of three underdogs who must rise up to the great challenge, and overcome their seemingly impossible obstacles with the odds against them. It is inspired heavily by video-game culture (as you'll see when you read). With a dark original drawing style utilizing both traditional and digital methods.

Ryu's Krew has been in the works since early 2008, going through multiple reiterations. Beginning as a light-hearted cartoony terrible comic about super police taking down gangs, to this. It's been with me through a lot of hard times I had to deal with, and it's been great working on it. There's so much to it that I can't really explain here (if anyone purchases the book, they'll get it after they read the first few pages of the introduction) as to why it's so important to me, but it's been a long, long time coming. It's went through a lot of stylistic changes, going from thin inks with bright colors, to a b&w brush pen style, to the now pencil/heavy ink combo.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Preview Pages:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Any questions, comments, please post here.
To read the comic as it's updated go Here!
Also, the little vote links (right above the twitter widget), please vote for me! Every link you post to someone, or share with someone helps a lot. It's my dream and I'm trying to make this happen. Let's make Ryu's Krew into something big!
I post a lot of videos on my process and updates up on my Youtube as well. LOOKATME
Last edited by ryuskrew on Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
ryuskrew
Regular Realmer

Re: Ryu's Krew -- Graphic Novel

Postby Pock63 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:40 am

Nice work!
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Re: Ryu's Krew -- Graphic Novel

Postby ryuskrew » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:04 am

pock63 wrote:Nice work!

Thank you very much! :D
ryuskrew
Regular Realmer

Re: Ryu's Krew -- WEBCOMIC

Postby ryuskrew » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:01 am

Updated the preview pages as well as the link to the comic itself. I've been kind of busy/distracted from it the past year or so, confused about a lot of things pertaining to the comic. But as of the 20th, I'm back and ready to do this thing. So hopefully you like what I have in store, so please share the link around with all your friends! Let's make this thing something big! :D
ryuskrew
Regular Realmer

Re: Ryu's Krew -- WEBCOMIC

Postby ryuskrew » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:47 pm

It's been a long while since I updated you guys here, but Book ONE is now available to purchase over at Indyplanet. 180 pages of comic action (133 of story content, 25 or so of extra comic stuff, and the rest is fun extras :P) and the beginning of a very long story. If you guys got the extra 8 dollars to spare, you should get a copy and support indie artists like me!

ryuskrew
Regular Realmer

Return to Other Custom Creations