How big is your collection?

Any news, rumors, questions or info about action figures.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: How big is your collection?

Postby terryzom » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:38 pm

Awesome displays, everyone! Some of these pieces make me jealous! What the heck is that red beastie, Shapp?
terryzom
Avid Realmer

Postby barefootabe » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:48 pm

the dude in the white gown? thats trigon :mrgreen:
check out my trade list!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36407
barefootabe
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:51 am

So..... I talked about "Developments" with my new house. About 2 and a half years ago I had to give up my Starwars room so my first born son could have his Bedroom. I was very sad but happy at the same time, 2 years later we're expecting my second year and still no Starwars room. We Need more space, hmmm, 3 bedroom house going cheap, let's go for it!!. So we moved house, it took a good few weeks as I had to most of the packing alone, due tot he mrs being pregnant. Anyhoo, on my first day in the new house I decided to check out the attic, imagine my excitement when I found it to be completely boarded out, and what's even better, it' carpeted and has a light installed!! \:D/

Now most of my Starwars collection got sold 2 years back so this room can't be a starwars room, no worries, it will just be my toy room :D . So after that mad rambling session, here's a peek at my new toy room!!

A full Panorama shot, you'll probably have to view image

The 200x Collection (a few are on display in the living room, Roboto, MAA, He-man, Skeletor, two-bad and Clawful)

My Cherished TMNT get to go home!!

My Vintage Starwars figures, missing pop up saber R2D2, you can see EV9 D9 staring at the empty space.

This Falcon is my pride and joy, i built it up from an empty shell to be 100% complete. Love Yoda's house too although the swamp and tree are missing. It does have the attachment to "levitate" R2D2 though which is quite rare to see.

Same with this ATAT although he's not quite finished, still missing a chin gun and bulb.

Ewok Village has a few bits missing but i think it looks great still

My Thundercat AKA customs and a couple more

My Thundercat and evil mutant customs

SOTA Street fighters....need more and a few movie pieces, Optimus is fully transformable and is die cast metal

The 60billion double dollar man faces off with an Alien, watched over by Nick D.Wolfwood, a Jawa sandcrawler and Falcon Transformer

I allowed the Mrs' Dr.Who collection to be a part of my room.

Annnnnd the stuff that wouldn't go elsewhere

I also have my Megadrive (Genesis) set up for some true 90s nostalgia, spent yesterday Playing Toe-Jam and Earl then completing sonic2 \:D/
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby ole jade jaw » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:10 am

Nahice!! That's awesome E! Looks like a great space and congrats on the homial upgrade. One question though, how did you buy/rent a house and not check it ALL out beforehand? [smilie=confuzzled.gif] Sure wish I had that kind of space....
Best of luck with the second lil ankle biter. :D
ole jade jaw
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:23 am

That is a very good question. And one with a valid answer too. It's a rented house and they're not allowed to advertise attic spaces unless they have fixed access, eg stairway fixed ladder. It's due to fire safety regs. So when we looked around they weren't allowed to show us but now we're in they can't stop us from using it. So yeah, very pleased to have my man space!!, I have a shed too!!
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby therapist » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:54 am

darththomas81 wrote:So..... I talked about "Developments" with my new house. About 2 and a half years ago I had to give up my Starwars room so my first born son could have his Bedroom. I was very sad but happy at the same time, 2 years later we're expecting my second year and still no Starwars room. We Need more space, hmmm, 3 bedroom house going cheap, let's go for it!!. So we moved house, it took a good few weeks as I had to most of the packing alone, due tot he mrs being pregnant. Anyhoo, on my first day in the new house I decided to check out the attic, imagine my excitement when I found it to be completely boarded out, and what's even better, it' carpeted and has a light installed!! \:D/

Now most of my Starwars collection got sold 2 years back so this room can't be a starwars room, no worries, it will just be my toy room :D . So after that mad rambling session, here's a peek at my new toy room!!

The 200x Collection (a few are on display in the living room, Roboto, MAA, He-man, Skeletor, two-bad and Clawful)

My Vintage Starwars figures, missing pop up saber R2D2, you can see EV9 D9 staring at the empty space.

This Falcon is my pride and joy, i built it up from an empty shell to be 100% complete. Love Yoda's house too although the swamp and tree are missing. It does have the attachment to "levitate" R2D2 though which is quite rare to see.

Same with this ATAT although he's not quite finished, still missing a chin gun and bulb.

SOTA Street fighters....need more and a few movie pieces, Optimus is fully transformable and is die cast metal

The 60billion double dollar man faces off with an Alien, watched over by Nick D.Wolfwood, a Jawa sandcrawler and Falcon Transformer

I also have my Megadrive (Genesis) set up for some true 90s nostalgia, spent yesterday Playing Toe-Jam and Earl then completing sonic2 \:D/

Oh wow man! Congrats thats a really cool collection and I am super glad about your pleasant surprise. You deserve it \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

I wanna get some collection pics up but its a little hard when you dont have a very good camera :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby barefootabe » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:15 pm

dang, thats an awesome collection!
check out my trade list!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36407
barefootabe
Fanatic Realmer

Postby cosmicfantasycustoms » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:41 pm

darth that is so awesome you have your mancave and the collection is epic. love it and congrats.
cosmicfantasycustoms
Regulator

Location: http://www.figurerealm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=40241

Postby trekking95 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:50 pm

darththomas81 wrote:So..... I talked about "Developments" with my new house. About 2 and a half years ago I had to give up my Starwars room so my first born son could have his Bedroom. I was very sad but happy at the same time, 2 years later we're expecting my second year and still no Starwars room. We Need more space, hmmm, 3 bedroom house going cheap, let's go for it!!. So we moved house, it took a good few weeks as I had to most of the packing alone, due tot he mrs being pregnant. Anyhoo, on my first day in the new house I decided to check out the attic, imagine my excitement when I found it to be completely boarded out, and what's even better, it' carpeted and has a light installed!! \:D/

(didn't quote the pictures so this post wont take up as much room)
Oh wow, that's epic Star Wars stuff!! I have not seen anyone with that much original stuff in that good a condition! I have the AT-AT and Falcon but they are missing stuff, the Falcon is missing the most. But that's what eBay is for!
And that's great that you didn't sell it, I have read/heard of too many people that sell their whole collection when they have kids or get married. You would have a great collection to pass along to your kids, something for future generations to enjoy! :)
trekking95
Inductee Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:40 am

@Therapist - cheers buddy, i agree, i DO deserve it :D . I'm betting your collection is immense judging by the amount you post in the looky topic :lol: Just show us some poor pics it will at least give us an impression of the horde.

@Barefootabe - that's merely a quarter of what it used to be :lol: . I sold all my modern stuff but made about $2,500 so it was worth it.

@Cosmic - I've been toying with a few names for the room, I was gonna just call it the toyroom or simply "the90s" but i think you hit the nail on the head with mancave :D

@trekking95 - yeah it took me a good few years to build up, buying loose incomplete stuff then finding the accesories. A few of the weapons on the figures are reproduction pieces but that doesn't bother me, the majority are real. As for your Falcon, you def gotta get on that dude, i was sooo proud when my Jedi training ball arrived and I finally completed it, a great sense of achievement. I had to keep all my original stuff it cost far to much to build for me to want to sell it and yeah it's kind of a nest egg for the brood when they're older.
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby cosmicfantasycustoms » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:53 pm

glad I could help, really love it and all the figs.
cosmicfantasycustoms
Regulator

Location: http://www.figurerealm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=40241

Postby Galactape » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:43 pm

I see Alien Queen in the corner! :D
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Postby BlackSpidey » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:06 am

People have library of books. I have a library of Action Figures. *like a boss* 8)
Past Generation Toys ~ My Favorite
BlackSpidey
Newbie Realmer

Postby HulkSmashedMe=( » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:46 pm

I just went through all of the pages, very impressed, very jealous! You've all got great collections. I wanted to share mine!

Hulks guarding the window
Random setup up by my son
I think we were going for moive avengers theme and had some space left over so threw in some toys
Spidey guarding the bear bank
Avengers
FF with some cosmic baddies
Lanterns
X-Men
Batman
HulkSmashedMe=(
Avid Realmer

Marvel's Masterpiece's collection

Postby Masterpiece » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:00 pm

I took better pics and had them set up better, enjoy.

First up are my X-Men

Here are my Avengers, F.F., Spider-Man and heroes

Up next are my X-Men villains

Last are my Marvel villains

Masterpiece
Inductee Realmer

PreviousNext

Return to General Action Figure Chatter