Grab Bag Contents Revealed!

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Grab Bag Contents Revealed!

Postby Patraw » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:19 am

As promised, now that the Grab Bag contest is over, here are all the custom ideas that were submitted/assigned. But first, here are a few things to note:

1. The "grab bag" was actually a Corel spreadsheet, so the computer was actually randomly picking the custom projects, not me physically reaching into a bag. I assigned each custom idea a number, and the formulae I designed spit out three of those numbers at random on command--so long as those three numbers weren't already assigned to someone else, or your own submitted ideas, that's what you got.

2. You'll probably notice that several people have a lot of their ideas assigned to other participants, while others have little to none. This is partly just luck of the draw, but it's mostly directly related to how early, or late, you submitted your grab bag ideas to me (the longer your ideas were in the bag, the more chances they had to get drawn, and, conversely, if you were one of the last people to submit ideas to me, your ideas had very few opportunities to get assigned.) If this contest were to be repeated again sometime in the future, it'd probably be worthwhile to come up with a different idea submission system, so that everyone's ideas are in the pool from the beginning, instead of trickling in over time (maybe collect all the ideas two weeks before the contest began, and then do all the drawings at once.)

3. If any of your ideas are missing from the list it's because they were duplicates of things that someone else had already submitted to the the grab bag before you.

Patraw
Elite Realmer

Re: Grab Bag Contents Revealed!

Postby Tim 121RVC » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:01 pm

Sweet, this list alone contains enough ideas for another GB-contest.
I'm still working on my Polaris. Unfortunately, work got in my way so I didn't get to finish it in time. What I like about this contest is that you got three ideas to choose from and that those are/were characters that you
a) normally wouldn't think of
b) never heard from
At least, that's in my case.
Tim 121RVC
Inductee Realmer

Postby CAb00se » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:33 pm

cool. i was wondering who my selections came from. this could make for a great annual event around here...
CAb00se
Regular Realmer

Postby Patraw » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:24 am

Tim 121RVC: Yeah, I was also thinking that if a grab bag contest was ever done again, I could use all of the ideas from this one, that didn't get made, as an initial starting pool.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments