Vote For The Next Custom Contest Theme!

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Vote For The Next Custom Contest Theme!

Postby supersizeme » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:47 pm

my vote goes to Power of Greyskull and my custom prize offer still stands.
supersizeme
Regulator

Postby Patraw » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:16 am

yamivash 0 wrote:are pro wrestlers fair game for sports?

Yes, wrestlers of any type, even sumo, are athletes and would be a-okay.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:34 pm

I really like the choices here but I'm going with #5. Power of Greyskull! We need more MOTU, especually the extended universe from the comic. With the offer of a free custom from a great customizer already on the table- great call Supersizeme. I'd love to see Darththomas, AREZ, NeCrollector, HKC, Batman1016, Argenta, and any of our other MOTU regulars I missed compete here. Maybe, if I enter, I may decide to match Supersizeme's offer. If there would be any interest. I'm no Darththomas but I've got a few ideas in mind. :-k
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby Batman1016 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:52 pm

Well, I'd certainly be game in entering an MOTU contest, but anonymity might be an issue . . . eh, when has that ever stopped anyone, right? I call Grayskull! As for black and white . . . didn't we just do a monochrome contest a short while back? Also, I'd LOVE to do the Cancelled Figure contest, but since it's not getting any votes, I'll stick with Grayskull.
Batman1016
Regular Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:13 pm

By the power of greyskull!! I already passed on it once but a second chance is jus too tempting!
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby Pock63 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:12 pm

Cancelled figures! :D I think it would be better if instead of putting a new post for each new set of options if you just updated the first post in this thread as the options change,
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby Patraw » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:21 am

Batman1016 wrote:Well, I'd certainly be game in entering an MOTU contest, but anonymity might be an issue . . . eh, when has that ever stopped anyone, right? I call Grayskull! As for black and white . . . didn't we just do a monochrome contest a short while back? Also, I'd LOVE to do the Cancelled Figure contest, but since it's not getting any votes, I'll stick with Grayskull.

Yes, we had a monochromatic contest a while back, but black and white is a little different as it entails black, white, and multiple shades of gray. In the monochromatic contest there was no way to add any kind of contrast to your work, because everything had to be the exact same color, black and white, on the other hand, while still limited, allows for more variation.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Patraw » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:30 am

ẈĀŦƧĦĪƧ₣Ā₵Ė wrote:Cancelled figures! :D I think it would be better if instead of putting a new post for each new set of options if you just updated the first post in this thread as the options change,

That's not a bad suggestion, but that might also lead to more confusion, as everyone's past voting comments would remain. For example, somebody new to the forums, looking at older posts, might wonder why people are voting for things that aren't on the current list of contest themes. (I could edit my own posts to remove previous voting options, but I wouldn't be able to delete anybody else's posts.) Some people might also like to go back and look at what past contest options were.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:05 pm

Patraw wrote:
ẈĀŦƧĦĪƧ₣Ā₵Ė wrote:Cancelled figures! :D I think it would be better if instead of putting a new post for each new set of options if you just updated the first post in this thread as the options change,

That's not a bad suggestion, but that might also lead to more confusion, as everyone's past voting comments would remain. For example, somebody new to the forums, looking at older posts, might wonder why people are voting for things that aren't on the current list of contest themes. (I could edit my own posts to remove previous voting options, but I wouldn't be able to delete anybody else's posts.) Some people might also like to go back and look at what past contest options were.

I agree that would have been a great way to start but changing it now may get confusing. I suppose if you moved the thread to a new one. I am an information junkie though and I kinda like knowing which contests have already been voted on. The contest idea thread doesn't give us a real list of what Patraw has in his files as proposed contests. :D
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby Patraw » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:02 am

I've considered doing the same thing with the leaderboard, but didn't for the same reason - I figured that some members would probably want to compare the current standings with past rankings.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Patraw » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:21 am

Power of Grayskull is the undisputed winner with five votes and shall be the August 1st contest (and I'll include your generous offer of a custom figure for the first prize winner in the rules, supersizeme.) With Sidekicks II set to go before the voters shortly, it's time to revisit another Figure Realm contest from the past for the August 15th challenge (please only pick one):

#1 80s Style II
Make a custom of anything you want from the years 1980 - 1989. Toys, comic book characters, musicians, television/movie personalities, etc. Whatever you do, it has to visually reflect that time period.

#2 Clowns II
It's all fun and games until somebody gets a custard pie in the eye. For this challenge, craft a custom of any clown-type character you like, or just create your own original prankster. The Joker, Clown (Violator), Sweet Tooth, Krusty the Clown, Homey D. Clown, etc.

#3 Comic Fusion II
It's amalgam time! Permanently combine two, or more, characters into a new entity. You can create an original design or use an existing amalgam from any source material. While the contest title says "comic", you won't be limited to comic book personas - mash together whatever characters you want.

#4 Deadly Demons II
Figure Realm has been plunged into the Nine Hells, if you don't want to burn, you'd better craft yourself an infernal buddy fast! Simply make any demon/devil character for this one, including original creations (half-breeds are also okay.) Devilman, Hellboy, Mephisto, Malebolgia, Beezlebub, Succubi/Incubi, etc.

#5 Steampunk II
Time to go hi-tech with archaic Victorian technology! You can make any character that already belongs to the Steampunk genre (Treasure Planet, League of Extraordinary Gentleman, The Difference Engine, etc.), give another character of your choice a Steampunk-style makeover (Steampunk Iron Man, etc.), or create an original figure in the Steampunk style.

#6 Tales of the West II
For this one, you can make any "Western" character, real or fictional (Bravestarr, Billy the Kid, the Lone Ranger, etc.), give an existing character a Western makeover (Playmates old Wacky Wild West TMNT sub-line would be a good example of that), or just create an original Western figure.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Shinigami » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:18 pm

Comic fusion.
Shinigami
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:48 pm

Deadly Demons, this contest I would actually be able to make some submissions for I think :D
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby cosmicfantasycustoms » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:48 pm

#1 80s characters
cosmicfantasycustoms
Regulator

Location: http://www.figurerealm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=40241

Postby Batman1016 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:42 pm

'80s Style, it's the only one I'm qualified for. :D
Batman1016
Regular Realmer

PreviousNext

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments