The best Things I drove by today (Drive by 2.5!!!!!)

Hear a good joke or find some interesting news you want to share with your fellow posters, but it's not action figure related? Share it here.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: The best Things I drove by today (Drive by 2.5!!!!!)

Postby therapist » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:41 pm

I understand were both of you are coming from and agree to a point. The only problem is the good people who may have guns are never around when the bad are. You hear all the time about kids getting ahold of good peoples guns and hurting themselves or others and honestly your right parents are to blame to an extent but it doesnt stop the fact that statics state the gun owners are shot FAR more often then non gun owners. It also does not stop the fact of what darththomis said, he lives someplace where guns are illegal and you very rarely hear anything about guns. Same goes for japan. Guns are illegal there and they rarely have gun problems. As for them selling guns on the black market yeah that is true but do you guys have any idea how expensive a gun is to a random citizen on the black market? Yeah maybe he could have did it but we dont know. Also rick it seems you slightly contridicted yourself. You say one of the problems is the internet but then say afghans who are a thousand years in the past make bombs... it seems to me that the problem is violence breeding more violence. Especially considering the muslim holy book is the only holy scripture that preaches and calls for violence upon others. I also dont think we need more prisons at all. If anything we need less. The three strikes law is a joke!

I am straight edge so maybe asking my oppionon about cigs and alchahol :)

Pock. Trust me I get that some people need to hunt to survive I get that but indians hunted long before guns and Im not saying ban all weapons. Just guns. They make it far too easy for people to kill one another. The damage done would be faaar lower if the best this guy could get was a crossbow or knives or a bow & arrow plus it still allows you to hunt fairly easily anything that commonly hunted for food such as deer, rabbit, and or pigs. Sure a gun is better for hunting larger stronger animals such as bears or moose but Im against hunting for sport as is.
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby triggerrick » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:38 pm

@therapist i just reread my comments and your right i should have cleared up a few things more on that subject about hadjis in iraq and afghanistan. their living conditions are still in the stone age, the way they cook, plumbing, houses, and traditions. but the only type of technology they have are cell phones and maybe some have access to the net. and you would be surprised the crap you can learn on the net, those people are very smart and methodical and they adapt and overcome better than most countries who have the technology like us. so maybe that would clear it up a bit. i should have been more clear the first and for that i apologize, but now back to the parents we live in a day in age where you can no longer discipline your children the way you would twenty years ago, i remember when teachers could hit you and so could your parents but these days everyones feeling are involved and oyu cant be as aggressive with yer children and raise them to be honorable men and women, point a fact this guy in aurora which is 30 mins away from where i live who did this shooting his mother knew and didnt do a darn thing about it his mom should just as responsible as he is. final point this guy and his mom should both be executed whether people think its right or wrong the bible speaks against vengeance but since im not a believer in any religion or their gods that theory goes out the window. an eye for an eye i say. it also says the meek shall inherit the earth, who wants a world full of weaklings and people who submit and have no initiative, this kid was weak and a coward for what he did, lets put a gun in anyones hands in that theater and see if he would have gotten as far as he did, i would have dropped him from the top row to the bottom row two in the chest and one in the head, and that brings my next point most people these days are cowards and would not have tried to have stopped him or made any attempt to stop him. people need to buck up and show a backbone and do whats right. but thanks for the conversation i love deabates and inteligent conversations like this to hear other peoples opinions cuz it may be useful info in future debates and people may change minds about certain subjects but like i said thanks for your time, TRIGGERRICK OUT!
triggerrick
Regular Realmer

Postby therapist » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:22 pm

I feel every debate is very usefull. As a matter of fact me and my brother were just discussing it today that it is impossible to lose a debate because either you prove your point right or learn something new. I can agree with you about parents should be allowed to discipline their children yeah! Hell one of my daughters is 12 years old and she got slapped on her arm just earlier this year because she was darn near losing her mind! I also want to disagree with you about the parents being just as responsible. I mean this guy was an adult. Not only that but me my brother and three of my older sisters all have the same parents. My one older sister (who is the one directly above me in age) never finished high school, been to jail multiple times, and doesnt even raise her own kids (our mom does) me on the other hand finished high school with a 4.3 GPA have a job. NEVER been in trouble with the law and also have mutlipe kids some biological and some adopted. My sister who is a 23 months older then her has a job a decent place of her own and only been in law trouble once (for a speeding incident). Yeah parents help mold and create the people their children become but they far from define them. Of course I think this parent should be responsible because what we know so far it seems she knew something was up.

I myself am a spiritual but believe the good book that I know has been rewritten and changed to fit the needs of the SOBs in charge.

I also think yeah lets say I was in colorado during this shooting. Lets also pretend I had a gun on me. Yes I have fired a gun before but I am no way military trained I also dont shy away from fights or confrotation so I decided to play Rambo and take the shot. What if I miss...upping the death toll to 13. This guy planned for folks with guns. He bought riot gear. Also I had someone say to me "this guy bought it all on the black market" thats untrue. This guy bought a large amount (if not all) his weapons and ammo from a sports and hunting shop. So yeah this dude was cleared to own a gun. I myself also think though that the death penalty should be applied but I also feel it should be case by case. Like this is open and shut. We know he did it and considering how long he planned it he has no insanity defense.
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby triggerrick » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:41 pm

i loved this response from you in regards to the book, im still laughing as i write this, too funny bro.

I myself am a spiritual but believe the good book that I know has been rewritten and changed to fit the needs of the SOBs in charge.

but agree to disagree and thats what this is all about i love having an inteligent debate or conversation if you will with a grown person who has real life common sense so kudos to ya, most people dont have it or never had it or are just plain idiots. but in regards to people being cowards and not taking initiative in a situation like this i stand strongly by, i believe that 9/11 wouldnt have happened if 100s of people wouldnt have let 4-5 people overun a plane with knives and boxcutters, i know i know its a messed up thing to say but truth is truth, the plane that crashed in pennsylvania was diverted from its original mission cuz people rose up and fought, and for that im darn proud i would gladly give my life to save possible 100s-1000s of other american lives, like i said ive been judged so many times for this opinion of mine but as i said truth is truth but its been a pleasure debating this with you and looking forward to another possible subject hopefully something thats not as bad as this in the future thanks brother TRIGGERRICK OUT!
triggerrick
Regular Realmer

Postby therapist » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:57 pm

I also enjoy this as it hasn't devolved in to some childish name calling flame war like you see so many debates on the internet. Trust me if you choose not to believe then that is your choice and I am likely the least judgmental person you will ever meet :) All I ask in return is the same respect. As far as you thinking what you said could have you viewed as messed up or in the wrong well you have no concerns here as I am the same guy who got in trouble in high school for writing a paper calling Hitler a hero. Dont get me wrong. The dude was PURE EVIL and deserved his cowards death but he got his country out of a depression in around 3 years...something no US president has done that I can ever remember he also had more public support and backing then MANY US presidents. So to a lot of the German people, he was a hero. So yeah you really dont have to worry about offending me :lol: as a matter of fact I agree. I think people should stand up for whats right more often I just dont fully support doing it with guns, for ANYONE. But I agree because I have said before that people should have realized they were going to die sadly so whats really the worst thing that could have happened by throwing it all at the hijackers :?

Also I agree this really hasn't even been a debate per say. Just a conversation
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby triggerrick » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:11 pm

i got a few quotes for you "id rather die on my feet than live on my knees" and "id rather be judged by twelve than carried by six" that as a soldier is what i live by along with a few other words like leadership, discipline, respect, selfless service, honor, integrity, and personal courage. and i thought i was judged by what i had to say bro but darn you wrote a book report on hitler being a hero, holy crap i would have loved to hear the crap you got for that, i would have died laughing, respect though that took balls of steel brother you one up'd me big time, im still laughin about it. thanks for the maturity though brother.
triggerrick
Regular Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:36 pm

You should put that paper up, it sounds very interesting. It sounds like whoever was mad at you for righting didn't fully understand what you were getting at. I got in trouble for a couple of papers also, one the assigned subject was "something you dislike" and I named it "I despise writing long papers" I got an 100% for my writing but a few points off for subject materiel, another was a "comparison paper" and it was "boxers VS briefs" another 100% with points off for subject materiel...
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby Wesr » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:55 am

I hate payday. Get paid at 6am and 3 hours later or less I'm broke.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Darththomas » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:36 am

sephiroth wrote:I hate payday. Get paid at 6am and 3 hours later or less I'm broke.

Dude!!, you gotta stop spending $114 dollars on a figure then :lol:
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby Wesr » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:02 am

I haven't done that in a while actually lol. I got some good deals on playarts kai figures to customize. now i need neca scale weapons. not to mention i handed my mom 500.00 as soon as i got in the door.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Darththomas » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:20 am

sephiroth wrote:I haven't done that in a while actually lol. I got some good deals on playarts kai figures to customize. now i need neca scale weapons. not to mention i handed my mom 500.00 as soon as i got in the door.

Posted July 31st :lol:

sephiroth wrote:Playarts Kai Adam Jensen and Solid Snake in jungle camo for 114.00. Hadnt planned on spending that but i feel like kitbashing.
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby Wesr » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:01 am

That's 2 figures you said 1 figure :lol: I just spent 95 of 3 this morning.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby therapist » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:37 pm

I hate when I am tempted to buy two of the exact same figure just to have the character in two different displays :(
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Wesr » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:09 pm

I'm wishing Dollar General was open 24/7 so i could run down to town.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Wesr » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:44 pm

I just realized that i've been on here for 4 years and barely made any figures.
Wesr
Realminator

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic