To glue or not to glue?

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

To glue or not to glue?

Postby crea-torX » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:00 am

When a arm will not fit the shoulder ball, even if I have tried every thing, is gluing a sin when it comes to joints? Putting together or I should say TRYING to join CNC Killwog's shoulder balls with BAF Onslaught's arms.
crea-torX
Regular Realmer

Re: To glue or not to glue?

Postby Darththomas » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:14 pm

Depends on whether you wanna keep the articulation. You should really only use superglue as a last resort, how is the joint? I mean is the peg on the Onslaught ball too small or big for the Kilowog arm?. If it's too big then you'll have to trim it to fit. If it's too small and you need to fill the hole on the cnc arm then hot glue would be a better option, fill the hole then drill the hot glue to fit the peg. Did that make sense?? [smilie=confuzzled.gif]
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby crea-torX » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:33 pm

:( Yes, you made perfect scenes, but I was hoping for the easier answer! While I have you here, Is there a way to replace the feet on DCU figures? Getting them off was easy, but getting them back on... :roll: there has to be a way to get them back on!
crea-torX
Regular Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:24 am

I answered that on your other thread :lol: , just heat and lots of it.
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby Pock63 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:56 am

Sometimes when putting dcuc joints back together I glue in pieces of plastic sucker or popsicle sticks instead of putting the pegs back in to save time and effort, I know it's lazy but I really hate trying to get the dcuc pegs to go back in :lol:
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info