Custom Page New Layout

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Custom Page New Layout

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:24 am

I can no longer see the entries for past or future contests from the Customs page. I for one am not liking the change. Being able to see the future entries was a great tool to help ensure we don't get 10 Batmans, 20 Hulks, and a bunch of Deadpools amd Wolverines entered in the same contest. Not being able to see the list of results from the past contest I don't get at all. I want to know how realmers voted. It helps me at least get an idea of what types of things they are looking at when voting. I'm sure I could do a contest search and check everything but the previous format was more convenient. Anyone else not liking the change or is it just me?
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Re: Custom Page New Layout

Postby Captain Coder » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:06 pm

I'm not sure I follow. Do you not see the "View Contest Entries" link on each Custom Contest page?
Captain Coder
Regulator

Postby ole jade jaw » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:15 pm

Captain Coder wrote:I'm not sure I follow. Do you not see the "View Contest Entries" link on each Custom Contest page?

Up above the summery for the contest. Not quite as direct, but it's really just one more click away.
ole jade jaw
Fanatic Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:11 pm

On the sidebar of the custom page where the contests are listed with icons. There was a clickable link for the contest rules and a seperate one to view entries. This was available for each viewable contest spanning the next few months. As well the previous contest was viewable with the full page of user voted ratings in order for that particular contest. This would switch for the current contest after voting ended. Thanks for the reply Captain Coder! :D
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:57 pm

ole jade jaw wrote:
Captain Coder wrote:I'm not sure I follow. Do you not see the "View Contest Entries" link on each Custom Contest page?

Up above the summery for the contest. Not quite as direct, but it's really just one more click away.

Okay just saw the link. My apologies. #-o
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby Captain Coder » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:06 pm

RedRebelCustoms wrote:Okay just saw the link. My apologies.

Great. I never know when something doesn't work in a specific browser or I flat out miss something obvious.

There were several minor changes to the Contest pages, but nothing major, so I didn't really post any news about it. So a little background in case anyone is interested... The contest navigation changed so it always takes you to the contest description page first, then you can view the entries, or you can click the new previous / next arrows to flip through the contests. I also resurrected all the old contest descriptions I could find. I figured it might be fun to relive the old ones, and now the winners are also shown on the contest page. And yes, the side index changed so each contest doesn't have it's own section with the multiple links. That worked fine for when we did one or two contests at a time, but it got too cluttered with four or five always going on. So I pulled them altogether into one section.
Captain Coder
Regulator

Postby Patraw » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:26 am

I for one like the new contest layout/navigation, great job, Cap!
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments