weapon casting!

Post your wishlist! What do you have for trade? Please no Retailer or auction links.

Moderator: Regulators

weapon casting!

Postby deathbymexico » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:04 am

hey guys whats up, so for the last week or so ive been practicing molding/casting weapons and heads. its pretty fun, definitely challenging! right about now tho if i want to keep on working on this new venture, i am going to have to open my armory to you guys. so if you see anything you like lemme know! shoot me an offer, comment, whatever. i am not lookin to get rich but im also not trying to go broke, so please a fair offer. lemme know what you want and i will try to make it a reality! if i get a cast worthy of selling i will sell it for the agreed upon price!

i would love to just cast my whole collection and just post it in my b/s/t but its definitely not gonna be an option at this point, haha trial and error is ussually 90% error. so i would rather fail a lot at something specific for someone on here than fail at everything for my own displeasure :)

thanks guys! i appreciate any support!
->dbm<
deathbymexico
Regular Realmer

Re: weapon casting!

Postby a9j8tgh6yhnf456m » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:39 am

man that looks really cool what scale are they for and do you do any bows/quivers?
a9j8tgh6yhnf456m
Inductee Realmer

Postby deathbymexico » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:08 am

marvel legends scale. so 6 inch, a few a from mcfarlane/neca figs that are closer to 7 inch but they all blend in pretty well

no bows or quivers, sorry
deathbymexico
Regular Realmer

Postby dbocustoms » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:31 am

awesome idea dude,i have a bow and arrow and quiver set from the first ml hawkeye,would you be interested in casting them if i sent them to you?i would pay you plus you could have a mold to keep pumping them out,i was gonna do it myself but casting is like 110% error for me lol
TRADE LIST viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37739
i LoVe LAmP
dbocustoms
Avid Realmer

Postby olslick » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:00 pm

I wanna buy some cast weapons. Can't figure out how to pm though...
olslick
Newbie Realmer

Postby shapp » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:35 pm

You don't have enough posts to pm yet. Just keep posting in the forum and you'll be able to pm and post pictures welcome to the realm :)
shapp
Fanatic Realmer

Postby RandyJordan » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:46 pm

on estimate , about how much will one of these cost?
RandyJordan
Casual Realmer

Postby deathbymexico » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:48 pm

dbocustoms wrote:awesome idea dude,i have a bow and arrow and quiver set from the first ml hawkeye,would you be interested in casting them if i sent them to you?i would pay you plus you could have a mold to keep pumping them out,i was gonna do it myself but casting is like 110% error for me lol

if you dont mind sending it in the mail i can try, that woud be kool since i dont have any. if u have pics id love to see them since i an seeing with different guns what some trouble parts are starting to look like. if i take a look and i think i can manage then id love to! i can almost tell that the string part wont come out in a cast tho, but im sure we can find a real string to throw on the and give it a sweet unique look, post a pic on here, in a pm or email to deathbymexico@yahoo.com and we'll talk :)
deathbymexico
Regular Realmer

Postby deathbymexico » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:51 pm

olslick wrote:I wanna buy some cast weapons. Can't figure out how to pm though...

hit that email or just post it here, i check my forums whenever i see someone that isnt me has the last post so basically daily, just be sure to lemme know what guns, a description, or where its placed in the photo or the model of the gun since i am pretty good with those, and lemme know what you're thinking as far as price goes. im easy to work with, and im not affraid to let someone know when a price is off.
deathbymexico
Regular Realmer

Postby deathbymexico » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:05 am

RandyJordan wrote:on estimate , about how much will one of these cost?

well with this being a somewhat test run/ start up thing i am not really sure. i know i wouldnt spend $5 on a small pistol so no way im charging that. at the same time those big bitches up in the corner take 4-5X the amount of silicone to mold so they will obviosly be more. was there something specific you were curious about? cuz generally the prices are going to vary quite a bit, but if you lemme know which ones i will send you a price quote that we can negotiate until we find a nice fair price. believe it or not but some of these are from figures i bought solely for their guns, haha i just got a new battlestar galactica figure cuz he had a badass smg

basically if i wanna do this legit i will need to do more test mold and casts, which will probably require another kit since i am running low on mold (me and my lil sis when halfisies on the kit so no i do not suck that much! she just used a bunch to cast some awesome parts to make dragon puppets out of, sweet but they are huge) anyway so we are gonna split another kit. my half is about $30 so if i can make some or most of that on here i'd be psyched and i can explain to my gf that no baby, im not spending grocery money on toys, im spending toy money on toys ;)

again if we are in the talks and i just cant manage to get a good cast, you aren't obligated to pay anything, if i get a good cast i would love to sell it to ya!
deathbymexico
Regular Realmer

Postby olslick » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:05 pm

Want to fit several Dark Knight Movie Master figures with weapons, basically. Need two shotguns, a regular Remington 870 if you have one and the pistol grip. Need two Glock 17 with the extended magazine for the Joker, which it looks like you have. Maybe a MAC 10 and a samurai sword for Ras. Also need a little snubnose revolver for Two Face and I'll say two handguns just to round it out. Also, is there any chance you have and can cast the sdcc batman weapons?

As far as price, I'm prepared to pay what ckcastings charges. $4 for large guns, $3 for medium, $1.50 for small or 3 for $4. So in this instance I'd go 3-4 each for the 2 shotguns, 3 for the sword and 8 for the 5 handguns and MAC 10, so looking at maybe $21 with shipping, I'm assuming you live in the lower 50 of the U.S... Of course, if you could do the Batman weapons, that is a game changer...

What do you think?
olslick
Newbie Realmer

Postby deathbymexico » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:06 pm

olslick wrote:Want to fit several Dark Knight Movie Master figures with weapons, basically. Need two shotguns, a regular Remington 870 if you have one and the pistol grip. Need two Glock 17 with the extended magazine for the Joker, which it looks like you have. Maybe a MAC 10 and a samurai sword for Ras. Also need a little snubnose revolver for Two Face and I'll say two handguns just to round it out. Also, is there any chance you have and can cast the sdcc batman weapons?

As far as price, I'm prepared to pay what ckcastings charges. $4 for large guns, $3 for medium, $1.50 for small or 3 for $4. So in this instance I'd go 3-4 each for the 2 shotguns, 3 for the sword and 8 for the 5 handguns and MAC 10, so looking at maybe $21 with shipping, I'm assuming you live in the lower 50 of the U.S... Of course, if you could do the Batman weapons, that is a game changer...

What do you think?

i have a shotgun like the sawed off one in the pic, but with the stock and slightly longer barrel, may actually be from this figure

http://spawn.com/toys/media.aspx?produc ... _06_dp.jpg

all the pistol grip ones i have are in the pic, the one up top would prolly be better for the scale, it has a tac light on the pump if thats ok

i actually cut it down for a mmjoker figure haha. the glocks fit great in his hand btws. i do not have snub nose revolver, but i have the dcu vigilante figure

http://www.poeghostal.com/2009/12/the-a ... semen.html

those are the weapons he comes with if you think the uzi or revolver will work, i can always just cut the barrel down on the revolver

have a few kitanas in the pic, does ra's use a kitana or ninjato? i cant remember. a kitana has a curved blade, a ninjato has a straight blade. i think i have both style so see if any of those will work

i do not have the sdcc weapons, i [No Profanity] wish. im working on a grapple gun for batman, havent had a free day to o much this week but

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=41257

thats what im working from

anyway i will definitely try to mold some of that stuff. i have a pistol mold done, its a USP kinda pistol from a mcfarlane navy seal i think, so its slightly more detailed than the ones that came with the marvel nick fury.

just lemme know about which shotguns you want cuz i will try those first. just so you know this isnt a quick process but i will definitely do my best to work on it when i have free time. that said i am going to go an attempt to cast an mp5, m1911 and usp that i molded last week. wish me luck
deathbymexico
Regular Realmer

Postby deathbymexico » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:07 pm

olslick wrote:Want to fit several Dark Knight Movie Master figures with weapons, basically. Need two shotguns, a regular Remington 870 if you have one and the pistol grip. Need two Glock 17 with the extended magazine for the Joker, which it looks like you have. Maybe a MAC 10 and a samurai sword for Ras. Also need a little snubnose revolver for Two Face and I'll say two handguns just to round it out. Also, is there any chance you have and can cast the sdcc batman weapons?

What do you think?

i have a shotgun like the sawed off one in the pic, but with the stock and slightly longer barrel, may actually be from this figure

http://spawn.com/toys/media.aspx?produc ... _06_dp.jpg

all the pistol grip ones i have are in the pic, the one up top would prolly be better for the scale, it has a tac light on the pump if thats ok

i actually cut it down for a mmjoker figure haha. the glocks fit great in his hand btws. i do not have snub nose revolver, but i have the dcu vigilante figure

http://www.poeghostal.com/2009/12/the-a ... semen.html

those are the weapons he comes with if you think the uzi or revolver will work, i can always just cut the barrel down on the revolver

have a few kitanas in the pic, does ra's use a kitana or ninjato? i cant remember. a kitana has a curved blade, a ninjato has a straight blade. i think i have both style so see if any of those will work

i do not have the sdcc weapons, i [No Profanity] wish. im working on a grapple gun for batman, havent had a free day to o much this week but

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=41257

thats what im working from

anyway i will definitely try to mold some of that stuff. i have a pistol mold done, its a USP kinda pistol from a mcfarlane navy seal i think, so its slightly more detailed than the ones that came with the marvel nick fury.

just lemme know about which shotguns you want cuz i will try those first. just so you know this isnt a quick process but i will definitely do my best to work on it when i have free time. that said i am going to go an attempt to cast an mp5, m1911 and usp that i molded last week. wish me luck
deathbymexico
Regular Realmer

Postby shapp » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:59 am

hey bud do you happen to have any pistols that have scopes? I just think my grifter would look really cool with something like that

oh and I got a bow and arrows for you to cast with that other stuff =D
shapp
Fanatic Realmer

Postby dakota » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:57 pm

Hey Bro,

The M-60 with the bi-pod, i'll take two of those and the ammo belts if i you can cast them in as well. And maybe an M249. I have a few more questions for you here's my email address....dakota7771@gmail

Let me know how you would like to procede.

Thanks,
dakota
dakota
Regular Realmer

Next

Return to Trading Post