Mieu & Kin no Kagi

Show off your other non-figure custom creations here, such as model kits, garage-kits, dioramas, or maybe the next Clone Army invasion!

Moderator: Regulators

Mieu & Kin no Kagi

Postby Patraw » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:59 am

Kin no Kagi

A key, crafted from precious metal, that can be found in ASCII's 1996 Wizardry Side Story IV: Throb of the Demon's Heart (Uiza-dorii Gaiden IV: Taima no Kodou) Nintendo Super Famicom roleplaying video game. Said title was one of the many Wizardry spinoffs published exclusively in Japan.

The Gold Key (Kin no Kagi) is located at the coordinates "18 North, 6 East" on the second basement level of the Ancient Cave (Ko no Doukutsu). Veteran RPG players should recognize that the Ancient Cave's initial quartet of levels are reproductions of the first four floors of the Maze in Wizardry I: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord, as such, the Gold Key is found in exactly the same spot where it was located in the original Wizardry.

Materials:
Newsprint, white glue, and acrylic paint.

Dimensions:
7.7 cm/3.0 in. x 2 6 cm/1.0 in. (longest point x widest point)

Time:
A few hours on September 10, 2012.

Mieu

A female combat cyborg player character found in the 1993 Sega Genesis roleplaying video game Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom. The protagonist of the first generation, Rhys, Prince of Landen, discovers Mieu wandering without purpose along the shores of a lake in the Northeastern region of his homeland. A thousand years ago, Mieu served in Orakio's cyborg armies against Laya and her monstrous hordes. As Rhys is a direct descendant of Orakio, Mieu agrees to fight beside him on his quest to rescue his kidnapped fiancee, Maia. Because cyborgs don't age, both Mieu and Wren, her male counterpart, remain as player characters throughout the entire game, continuing in the service of both Rhys' son and his grandchildren. Like Nei of Phantasy Star II, Mieu fights exclusively with various wrist-mounted claw weapons.

Materials:
Paper envelopes, white glue, ink, and colored pencil.

Dimensions:
4.5 cm/1.8 in. x 4.8 cm/1.9 in. (widest point x highest point)

Time:
A few hours on September 10, 2012.

This is the prototype figure I made, earlier in the day, prior to starting work on Mieu.
It's just some generic elf girl in a purple bikini; it's not meant to be anyone in particular.
I don't know why, but I actually like her better than Mieu.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Re: Mieu & Kin no Kagi

Postby cosmicfantasycustoms » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:13 pm

love the work patraw, always excellent. mieu was one of my favorite characters, even though phantasy star 3 is no longer my favorite version of the game. also the bikini girl is awesome.
cosmicfantasycustoms
Regulator

Location: http://www.figurerealm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=40241

Return to Other Custom Creations