Comments on Contest entries?

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Comments on Contest entries?

Postby Green Skin » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:14 pm

Did I miss something? I can't seem to comment on any of the contest entries. Is this a new thing, or is my combination of glitchy browser and ancient monitor hiding the comment button on me?
Green Skin
Regulator

Re: Comments on Contest entries?

Postby Shinigami » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:06 am

Yeah, looks like the comment button is gone.
Shinigami
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:32 am

I believe the comments have been disabled for contests until after the voting has finished. We had a lot of people commenting and revealing the creator. So in order to keep the contests anonymous we're gonna leave the comments till after voting, see how it works out.
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby custombase » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:58 pm

darththomas81 wrote:I believe the comments have been disabled for contests until after the voting has finished. We had a lot of people commenting and revealing the creator. So in order to keep the contests anonymous we're gonna leave the comments till after voting, see how it works out.

I hate this Idea it stinks. It really spoiles the spirit of the competition I like to tell people why I gave a high or low mark and if I gave a low mark offer some constructive comment.
Not being able to comment on contest entrys is a BAD IDEA!
custombase
Inductee Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:29 am

custombase wrote:
darththomas81 wrote:I believe the comments have been disabled for contests until after the voting has finished. We had a lot of people commenting and revealing the creator. So in order to keep the contests anonymous we're gonna leave the comments till after voting, see how it works out.

I hate this Idea it stinks. It really spoiles the spirit of the competition I like to tell people why I gave a high or low mark and if I gave a low mark offer some constructive comment.

Maybe I didn't make this clear but you will be able to comment on all the contest entries once the voting is over.
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby custombase » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:29 am

darththomas81 wrote:
custombase wrote:

Maybe I didn't make this clear but you will be able to comment on all the contest entries once the voting is over.

Thats all well and good and you did make it clear but I dont have time to go sifting back through a months worth of entry to find the ones I wanted to comment on. I want to be able to comment there and then as Im voting like you used to be able to. this is still a really bad Idea
custombase
Inductee Realmer

Postby CAb00se » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:14 am

Is there a way to make it so you can leave a comment, but it wont be visible until voting is over? I agree with both sides...Some do spoil entries by hinting or guessing who the customizer is, but then again, I do appreciate the instant feedback on a fig I submit...
CAboose
CAb00se
Regular Realmer

Postby NeCrollector » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:03 pm

The good news is that all the entries are grouped together under the 'power of grayskull' contest link.
Therefore, on Monday, once the results are in, we can all go in via this link, see all the entries grouped together and comment on them if we want.
:)
NeCrollector
Casual Realmer

Postby custombase » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:12 pm

NeCrollector wrote:The good news is that all the entries are grouped together under the 'power of grayskull' contest link.
Therefore, on Monday, once the results are in, we can all go in via this link, see all the entries grouped together and comment on them if we want.
:)

Yes thats true but it still really spoils the fun of the competition if ya cant comment while voting takes place
custombase
Inductee Realmer

Postby Patraw » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:09 am

I think being able to post comments, but not have them appear until after the voting is over would be a good compromise; that way you can comment when you vote, and still protect the anonymity of the contestants. Seven days isn't too long to wait to discuss something.

I can see the moderators concern here, many times, I've seen contest participants, including myself, "outed", in the comments section. Likewise, I've seen contestants "out" themselves in a similar fashion, responding to comments before the contest has concluded. This approach should eliminate both concerns.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby NeCrollector » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:00 pm

I gotta say that I'm loving Patraw's suggestion! =D>
:D
NeCrollector
Casual Realmer

Postby Green Skin » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:21 pm

That's a great idea.
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby Darththomas » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:55 am

Just to let you all know, I am watching the suggestions in this thread and I value all your opinions.

Also, the comments were disabled in the first place due to complaints and at the time "popular demand".

I will keep looking though and i'd love to hear some more opinions before I get Cap involved. So big thanks to everyone who's already posted and please keep the ideas coming, cheers!!
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby Captain Coder » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:13 pm

I agree, allowing the comments during the contest but hiding them until it is over is a great compromise. Let's give that a try!
Captain Coder
Regulator

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments