Future Contest Ideas

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Future Contest Ideas

Postby shapp » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:42 pm

I think it would be histarical to do a 70's or even a 60's theme. Woodstock era type hippie x-men lol. Or even one based off of the world of 1602 era
shapp
Fanatic Realmer

Postby CryingFreeman » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:50 am

Patraw wrote:Bounty Hunters, assassins, mercenaries, etc. was an option in a recent poll and nobody voted for it--I like the theme, but there doesn't seem to be much interest.

I like that, Bounty Hunters, assassins, mercs... It will be raining weapons for sure. :D
CryingFreeman
Inductee Realmer

Postby Jarred_706 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:16 pm

With the new Ninja Turtles series only a week away...why not of a Mutant Mayhem idea...see some Ninja Turtles (or side characters including mutants and humans from the series be they original or revisions) brought forth in figure glory...
Jarred_706
Regular Realmer

Postby Patraw » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:30 am

I'm in favor of a TMNT contest as well, provided that all of the various incarnations of the franchise over the years are considered fair game.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby shapp » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:50 am

I think the turtles one could be cool. You could include what the turtles would look like if they were x-men or something. I think there could be some pretty original figs made like that.
shapp
Fanatic Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:43 pm

Turtles is a cool one! Patraw may remeber it was an option in the voting thread. An amalgam version sounds even better. I would like to see all the versions included as well as maybe a Mutant Crossover Contest like X-Men Vs. Ninja Turtles the Mutant Showdown!
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby Green Skin » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:51 pm

Patraw wrote:I'm in favor of a TMNT contest as well, provided that all of the various incarnations of the franchise over the years are considered fair game.
shapp wrote:I think the turtles one could be cool. You could include what the turtles would look like if they were x-men or something. I think there could be some pretty original figs made like that.
RedRebelCustoms wrote:Turtles is a cool one! Patraw may remeber it was an option in the voting thread. An amalgam version sounds even better. I would like to see all the versions included as well as maybe a Mutant Crossover Contest like X-Men Vs. Ninja Turtles the Mutant Showdown!
Jarred_706 wrote:With the new Ninja Turtles series only a week away...why not of a Mutant Mayhem idea...see some Ninja Turtles (or side characters including mutants and humans from the series be they original or revisions) brought forth in figure glory...

That sounds like a cool contest you me. As some of you have mentioned the X-Men I figure we could go about it one of 2 ways. Either A) A pure TMNT contest where all characters and incarnation are fair game, or B) A mutant contest where any mutant is fair game. That could be anyone from Rocksteady & Bebop to Wolverine & Cyclops.

I'm okay with either, I just think that in a mutant contest the Marvel Mutants will overshadow the TMNT mutants.
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby shapp » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:00 pm

I wasn't meaning a straight mutant contest. I was meaning making the turtle characters and making them into iconic super heroes
shapp
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Green Skin » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:06 pm

shapp wrote:I wasn't meaning a straight mutant contest. I was meaning making the turtle characters and making them into iconic super heroes

Gotcha
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:33 pm

I think a TMNT contest with including original characters or crossover versions would be cool. I was sayong if we do a seperate contest later on and restrict it to X-Men Vs. TMNT we would have a fairly even turnout. A straight mutant contest would be fun but would be more likely to turnout mostly Marvel Mutants. Just my thoughts though.
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby custombase » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:09 pm

I think you should run the TRULY OUTRAGEOUS! competition to make any figure from Jem, 80s style or updated looks for the holograms, Misfits , The Stingers or any supporting cast member.
I just think that would be a bit different
custombase
Inductee Realmer

Postby Patraw » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:58 am

I'm a fan of Jem's rivals, the Misfits (I've got a whole page of artwork of them on my web site that I drew years ago), but I don't know how much interest there would be amongst other Figure Realm members for a contest dedicated to the franchise, as we don't see many Jem customs here at all. Still, it'd be interesting to see.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Green Skin » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:02 am

Jem is a pretty small franchise to focus a contest on and I'm not sure we'd get enough interest for it. However I do like the idea and if we opened it up to cartoon musicians in general, I think we'd get enough interest. If enough people want to see a Jem contest that's cool with me, but I think a general cartoon musicians contest might be the way to go.
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:11 pm

80' s cartoon redesigns that haven't been redone or brougt back in cartoon or toy form may be an option there.
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:13 pm

Here's my favorite 80's cartoon lists. Quite extensive. http://www.80scartoons.net/
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

PreviousNext

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments