Vote For The Next Custom Contest Theme!

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Vote For The Next Custom Contest Theme!

Postby Darththomas » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:57 am

I'm going for the heroes in a half shell

TURTLE POWER all the way :D
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby NeCrollector » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:50 am

Heroes in a half-shell...
TURTLE POWER!!!
:mrgreen:
NeCrollector
Casual Realmer

Postby Green Skin » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:33 pm

Turtle Power! Is the definite winner and will be the contest ending Dec. 15th. Voting for the next contest will be open until Oct. 31st.

#1 Way of the Blade
For this contest make a custom of a character that uses a sword as a main weapon. Any type of sword, even lightsabers, are fair game. Conan, Nightcrawler, Sephiroth, Samurai Jack, Luke Skywalker, the Highlander and Zorro are some examples.

# 2 Gotham City II
Anybody belonging to (1) the extended Bat Family (Batman, Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl, Huntress, etc.), (2) Batman's Rogues Gallery (Joker, Killer Croc, Two-Face, Bane, Riddler, etc.), or (3) supporting characters in Gotham City (Commissioner Gordon, Harvey Bullock, Lucius Fox, etc). You could also do Batman-relevant vehicles/playsets like the Batmobile, Bat Cave, etc.

#3 Face Off
This contest focuses on the show Face Off. Make a custom of one of the creations from the show. Or make a custom of one of the contestants.

#4 The Forgotten
This contest focuses on the forgotten characters of yesteryear. Make a custom of a character that hasn't been part of a remake or made an appearance since the year 1999.

#5 Winter of Women II
Simply make any female character for this one. This isn't Gender Bender, so you're not allowed to convert a male character into a feminine version; whatever you make has to be biologically female from birth (or, in the case of something inorganic like Transformers' Arcee, programmed/built "female".)

# 6 Same Base
You can make whatever you want, but everybody who participates MUST use the same base body for this contest. If you choose this option, then please also list your top three picks for the figure you'd want to see used as the base. The base body doesn't have to be a specific character, it can be a more general/generic "blank" figure if you prefer. Keep in mind that, in order for this to work, your suggested base bodies should be things that are relatively easy for your average customizer to obtain (i.e., please don't pick figures that are rare, expensive, etc.)
Last edited by Green Skin on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby Batman1016 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:01 pm

Oh GEEZ, give us a HARD poll, why don't you?!

Man, aside from the two repeat contests, these are all such . . . innovative ideas. Swords is a neat category limitation, Forgotten Characters is a great little research project, and the Face Off and Same Base categories are EXCELLENT ideas for artistic expression, both creatively challenging!

In the end, I'll have to go with Forgotten Characters. 'Cuz I'm an old guy, so it gives me an unfair advantage! :badgrin:
Batman1016
Regular Realmer

Postby shapp » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:59 pm

I vote for Same Base, I think that would be really interesting
shapp
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Batman1016 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:18 pm

shapp wrote:I vote for Same Base, I think that would be really interesting

Okay, but what are your three figures?
Batman1016
Regular Realmer

Postby Green Skin » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:08 pm

Just a reminder, you must include 3 figure choices if you vote for Same Base. Remember the easier to get the better.
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby Jarred_706 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:54 pm

I'd have to say Way of the Blade.

WooHoo on Ninja Turtle Contest, by the by...
Jarred_706
Regular Realmer

Postby shapp » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:38 pm

Batman1016 wrote:
shapp wrote:I vote for Same Base, I think that would be really interesting

Okay, but what are your three figures?

lol sorry, I didn't read it all the way and missed that I had to include figs with my choice. ummmmmmm (trying to think of cheap and easily obtainable bases)

1.) Young Justice Artemis
2.) ML Bullseye
3.) any basic DCUC male body (they are all the same =p)
shapp
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Patraw » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:00 am

Is your announcement of the Turtle Power contest not starting until December 15th accurate or a typo? If so, are we going back to monthly contests, rather than bi-weekly contests? Are the contests being delayed to accommodate the Secret Santa project? Or is there some other reason?

Anyhoo, I'm going to cast my vote for "Way of the Blade".
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Green Skin » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:42 am

Patraw wrote:Is your announcement of the Turtle Power contest not starting until December 15th accurate or a typo? If so, are we going back to monthly contests, rather than bi-weekly contests? Are the contests being delayed to accommodate the Secret Santa project? Or is there some other reason?

Anyhoo, I'm going to cast my vote for "Way of the Blade".

Maybe I worded it weird, but when I said it was going to be the Dec. 15th contest I meant that the deadline was Dec. 15th. Had to find a new car on short notice so the write up for the TMNT contest is a little delayed, but I'm submitting it in a few minutes. Sorry for the confusion, but in all seriousness how could I have worded that better to avoid confusion in the future?
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby Patraw » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:12 am

Writing the contest's start date, instead of the end date, would have avoided the confusion for me, but, it's all good; thanks for the quick reply. I hope you were able to find a good car!
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Green Skin » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:42 am

Patraw wrote:Writing the contest's start date, instead of the end date, would have avoided the confusion for me, but, it's all good; thanks for the quick reply. I hope you were able to find a good car!

Coolio, I updated the message so it's more clear now. Thanks man, we indeed did find a good car..or minivan rather. Now we can roll around Soccer mom style.
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:39 pm

Way of the Blade!
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby Shinigami » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:03 am

Same Base.

1. WWE Elite, Chris Jericho type body
2. new Bucky Cap
3. DCUC female
Shinigami
Fanatic Realmer

PreviousNext

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments