shark teeth

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

shark teeth

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:38 am

Ok, I'm working on a DCUC CnC King Shark where I've sculpted his head atop an Arkillo torso. I'm planning on sanding a canal in the mouth and putting individual teeth inside. But I'm still not certain what material to use for the teeth? I've never attempted anything like this before, so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or suggestions on the process?

Thanks in adv, here's a WIP pic, the snout is still needs some reshaping, but just wanted to give an idea of the design:

packerbacker180
Regular Realmer

Re: shark teeth

Postby Green Skin » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:05 am

Tips from nails maybe.
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby crea-torX » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:35 pm

Use the plastic packaging and cut out small triangles. Use a super gel cause super glue doesn't give you enough glue to stick them in place. Use tweezers to put them in place. tooth picks, but they always look liked you used tooth picks for teeth.
crea-torX
Regular Realmer

Postby shapp » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:12 pm

What about the tips of plastic forks?
shapp
Fanatic Realmer

Postby ole jade jaw » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:26 pm

I just sculpt them. Shape the ring around the mouth and cut them into teeth with a razor blade when the material is about 4/5 cured. Sharp teeth are easier than human looking ones. This is also because I'm kind of a mess glueing small parts.
ole jade jaw
Fanatic Realmer

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:05 pm

I'd sculpt them but I fear they'd break off accientally, so I'm thinking of something sturdier. These are all good ideas, still indecided what direction I'll take.
packerbacker180
Regular Realmer

Postby crea-torX » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:20 am

shapp wrote:What about the tips of plastic forks?
:-k I have to keep that one in the memory banks for later use. #-o You get 2 cookies for that idea Shapp!
crea-torX
Regular Realmer

Postby crea-torX » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:24 am

ole jade jaw wrote:I just sculpt them. Shape the ring around the mouth and cut them into teeth with a razor blade when the material is about 4/5 cured. Sharp teeth are easier than human looking ones. This is also because I'm kind of a mess glueing small parts.

Keep us updated...can't wait to see how it turned out! :-& <I know this icon is for sick, but he looks like he's holding his breath to me. and since I am holding my breath with anticipation...I thought it fit for this situation! :D
crea-torX
Regular Realmer

Postby mpelichoff » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:35 pm

Happen to have any old Street Shark figures around?
Once I saw this sculpt I immediately thought of Armaggon from the Ninja Turtles comic series published by Archie Comics in the 90's. Look him up, he is a bad-ass; made all kinds of trouble for the future turtles. You should make a custom of him.
mpelichoff
Avid Realmer

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info