Huge project! Need A LOT of help!

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

Huge project! Need A LOT of help!

Postby Purity » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:56 am

So, I was looking at my halo reach legendary statue one day, and thought "the sculpting and paint job on this thing is remarkable. If only they were action figures."(you may already see where this is going). I was later checking out Jin saotome's work and saw he had created articulated skylanders. I then thought, "Huh?! You can articulate a statue?" So I took another look at my halo one. I think the statue has the perfect scale for halo figs and they look incredible. So, I'm gonna buy another statue and articulate each figure. I need help though. I am clueless as to how to go about doing this. Any suggestions?
Purity
Avid Realmer

Re: Huge project! Need A LOT of help!

Postby barefootabe » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:25 pm

i dont have any suggestions but im curious why dont you want to use the Mcfarlane halo figures of noble team?
check out my trade list!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36407
barefootabe
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Purity » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:56 pm

Well I actually have almost all of the noble team figures. My 2 complaints are that there is no longer a bicep swivel in the figures which kind of detracts from their appearence when you pose them my their arms turned(like when holdhing a gun. My second, well not really a complaint, more of a preference, is that the Halo figures look SO awesome in the 6, 7 or 8 inch scale. And I'd also like to articulate them because I'd like to know how tall they are. I really love the scale they're in, but every time I try to measure them, the poses they're in stop me from gettung an accurate measurement. So if I could have at least one in a vanilla pose, I could finally find out my favorite scale. Lastly, I thought it was a cool idea and would like to execute it.
Purity
Avid Realmer

Postby shapp » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:46 pm

you should check out counts blog. He uses a ton of Revoltech joints and I think they would help you a lot
shapp
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Purity » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:53 pm

Thanks Shapp! Will do!
Purity
Avid Realmer

Postby sabretooth » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:38 pm

i've turned some statues into figures in the past and it's a pain the rear. all depends on what the reach statue is made from and what kind of articulation you plan to do. be prepared for alot of time grinding.
sabretooth
Regular Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:02 am

Yup, a whole load of grinding and most likely a healthy heap of sculpting too. I turned a NECA MOTU staction into an articulated figure a while back, it took ages but well worth it, my WIPs might give you a bit of an insight so check them out here if you fancy.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093&start=375
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby Purity » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:28 pm

Thanks guys! Yeah i'm not eniterely sure what the statue's made of. And wow darth! That's incredible! So you basically took joints from other figs, retooled the statue pieces, and added some sculpt work then?
Purity
Avid Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:39 pm

Purity wrote:Thanks guys! Yeah i'm not eniterely sure what the statue's made of. And wow darth! That's incredible! So you basically took joints from other figs, retooled the statue pieces, and added some sculpt work then?

That's about it add in plenty of headaches along the way and you're spot on :lol: .
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info