Need help/finding someone/fabricate dollhouse furniture

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

Need help/finding someone/fabricate dollhouse furniture

Postby squeezeplay » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:21 am

I have never seen exactly the dollhouse furniture I need to buy, so I probably need someone to hand-build it for me. I'm looking at at least one extra-large armoire (probably specific to my own design) plus possibly a few other pieces.

What I'm hoping is that someone who reads this can tell me what my best bet is to find a person to fabricate these items for me. Is there a really popular 1" scale doll furniture forum around? Every one I joined so far just told me things like "google dollhouse furniture" or "try asking people who make miniature landscapes". I already did all that before they posted. I've spent about ten hours now doing everything I can think of to find someone to make this and I still have nothing to show for it.
Thanks,
Colin
squeezeplay
Casual Realmer

Re: Need help/finding someone/fabricate dollhouse furniture

Postby ole jade jaw » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:23 am

1 " scale!?!? You are talking heroclix sized? The couch would be about the size of this word. Good luck!
ole jade jaw
Fanatic Realmer

Postby squeezeplay » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:40 pm

ole jade jaw wrote:1 " scale!?!? You are talking heroclix sized? The couch would be about the size of this word. Good luck!

1" scale in dollhouse furniture circles is not 1"=1". It is 1"=1'. It is the same scale as Marvel Legends and DC Universe Classics.

Also, an armoire is not a couch. It is a giant bookshelf.
Thanks,
Colin
squeezeplay
Casual Realmer

Postby crea-torX » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:07 pm

Somethings of Barbi, like furniture might work. Check out your craft and hobby stores too. WWE has had various items that could be used in a home or office. One of my friends is building the Avengers mansion. He says its going to be full with lights and view screen.
crea-torX
Regular Realmer

Postby squeezeplay » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:14 pm

crea-torX wrote:Somethings of Barbi, like furniture might work. Check out your craft and hobby stores too. WWE has had various items that could be used in a home or office. One of my friends is building the Avengers mansion. He says its going to be full with lights and view screen.

No. Those things are not what I need.

Does anyone here have the answer to my question?
Thanks,
Colin
squeezeplay
Casual Realmer

Postby ole jade jaw » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:48 pm

Ah... 1/12 scale might avoid future confusion. That is how most people, outside dollhouse circles refer to it. Train modelers would probably be able to make stuff like that.
ole jade jaw
Fanatic Realmer

Postby squeezeplay » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:47 pm

ole jade jaw wrote:Ah... 1/12 scale might avoid future confusion. That is how most people, outside dollhouse circles refer to it. Train modelers would probably be able to make stuff like that.

Yes, 1/12th scale. And I'm trying to find people on this forum who know about dollhouse scale already.

IS there anyone reading this who can answer my actual question?
Thanks,
Colin
squeezeplay
Casual Realmer

Postby CAb00se » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:53 pm

Hobby lobby carries doll house furniture, i have considered getting some in the past to use as props for photos. I have seen bathroom sets, couches, sinks, etc...it is kinda pricey though....the bathroom set was like $45...
CAb00se
Regular Realmer

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info