weapon casting!

Post your wishlist! What do you have for trade? Please no Retailer or auction links.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: weapon casting!

Postby deathbymexico » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:45 am

dakota wrote:Hey Bro,

The M-60 with the bi-pod, i'll take two of those and the ammo belts if i you can cast them in as well. And maybe an M249. I have a few more questions for you here's my email address....dakota7771@gmail

Let me know how you would like to procede.

Thanks,
dakota

hmm those ammo belts are gonna be touch unless i find a flexible or rubbery resin. i did email you about the stuff from the pm. i have 2 guys that are looking for some similar items so ima try to cast those first but i can try to bust out one of those LMGS, i have to look but the bipod may be damaged, i think the one leg is half broken:(, the m249 is good tho from what i can remember
deathbymexico
Regular Realmer

Postby dakota » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:50 pm

No worries on the bipod, I'll take the LMG with out the bipod. Also got your PM, and i'll try to send pics tomorrow... no small pieces.... we'll try to keep it simple. i have a dremel tool.. :)

Much appreciated, Thanks.
dakota
dakota
Regular Realmer

Postby deathbymexico » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:10 am

shapp wrote:hey bud do you happen to have any pistols that have scopes? I just think my grifter would look really cool with something like that

oh and I got a bow and arrows for you to cast with that other stuff =D

well they is one in the pic, came with xmc stealth wolverine and the walmart 2 pack cable. will that work? i have a revolver with a scope but dependng on the scale it may be small, plaus grifter need a hefty badass gun! i have another realmer offering me a trade on one of my guns for a scope revolver, snake plisken style, kinda feel like that may be perfect?
deathbymexico
Regular Realmer

Postby shapp » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:03 am

deathbymexico wrote:
shapp wrote:hey bud do you happen to have any pistols that have scopes? I just think my grifter would look really cool with something like that

oh and I got a bow and arrows for you to cast with that other stuff =D

well they is one in the pic, came with xmc stealth wolverine and the walmart 2 pack cable. will that work? i have a revolver with a scope but dependng on the scale it may be small, plaus grifter need a hefty badass gun! i have another realmer offering me a trade on one of my guns for a scope revolver, snake plisken style, kinda feel like that may be perfect?

not sure what that one looks like sadly
shapp
Fanatic Realmer

Postby deathbymexico » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:16 am

deathbymexico
Regular Realmer

Postby shapp » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:26 am

I do like that Sanke one, is it 6 inch scale? My only concern with either of those is finding a holster that may fit them. I want Grifter to have the pistos, I already have a bow for him, and I need to find some type of larger gun as well.
shapp
Fanatic Realmer

Postby dakota » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:04 pm

I've been thinking about this for awhile but havent had the time to try it, but..... if you are familiar with those Shrink wrap shields used for small wires? when you splice wires and twist them together or with male/female connectors, you slide this loose fitting sheath over top of it.... and with a blow dryer it shrinks to make a tight connection. I bet you can do that on a pistol and it will look like a Kydex formed holster.

hope this helps.
dakota
dakota
Regular Realmer

Postby dakota » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:12 pm

Also for the pistol. I thought that the Avatar figure, mil-contractor guy had a large framed revolver. get a copy of the MP5 with the Aimpoint Red dot scope, place that on the revolver, paint it silver and that might be pretty close.

the mp5 w/ scope is top row, second from the left, next to the m14.

Shoot early and shoot often.. :)
Good luck and God bless.....
dakota
dakota
Regular Realmer

Postby deathbymexico » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:57 pm

dont you like the one cable comes with? why you gotta be a hater? haha i made a few holsters ut of fix it sculpt. roll it thin, wrap it loosely around the gun, but enough to have a lil definition and let it cure, u can also coat the gun in pam or something to make sure the sculpt doesnt bond to the weapon, but as long as its loose enough it shouldn't. great shrink wrap idea!!

also for anyone who has discussed order with me, i just finished setting the 2nd mold parts for the Glock and a Taskmaster Sword also started 2 more with the excess mold i made, eye balling it is tough, gotta have a few extras ready to go! tryin a revolver to see if i can cut it down for a guy who wants a snub nose, and i started molding a grapple hook launcher for a batman!!! if i can get that thing to turn out ok, i think people are gonna really dig it and want one for their batmen!

also on a head update, i did start to work on patching the air bubbles in the task master head, but i think my fixit sculp has started to go bad :( maybe i mixed it crappily tho, we'll see! in any event i need my dremel to get that going and its a lil late for that, dont wanna wake the lady or the baby, but tomorrow i will try to get it smoohted out! also working on a arkham city nightwing head, already have it molded just need a better cast.

if anyone else wants a glock lemme know!!!!

also have a 1911 mold that i and still trying to convince to stop looking crappy, but it has a very convincing argument, so its tough. will get pix up tomorrow sometime after i attempt the glock and sword cast!
deathbymexico
Regular Realmer

Postby shapp » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:28 am

Honestly even if the casts themselves end up not working out (which I know they will) I'm having blast with all the updates :p
shapp
Fanatic Realmer

Postby deathbymexico » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:47 pm

progress so far

fails

taskmaster swords, i may be able to salvage the one but i need a way to fill the handle since its hollow
mp5, haha ummm barely half the gun came out, that whole mold is prolly wasted
M1911s just no good, although one has a good handle and the other has a good slide, so maybe i'll see if i can do some plastic surgery! (feel free to chuckle or shake you head at that one)
a vigilante revolver, just no
then theres about 60% of a glock

now decent ones!!

2 decent USPs? not sure what they are actually one i did a lil layer of paint cuz im impatient
a glock that is actually from 2 semi fails. the one was almost ok but the mag didnt come out, the other was not ok, but the mag did work, voila! removable mag!! that makes it DELUXE!!!
M1911 that is pretty ok just need a lil love from some fine sand paper to clean up a lil excess resin
then here is the beginning of my bat gadgets, batgets! grapple hook launcher, and a grapple gun that i am working on, based on one my 89 kenner speargun casts. gonna try to shape the handle to fit a DCU type open hand, also gonna try to give the handle some type of designish feel. but my fixit sculpt is about 6 years old and is comin out a lil grainy, so its not sanding as well as it once was.

feedback, opinions, criticisms, anything is welcomed!
deathbymexico
Regular Realmer

Postby shapp » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:45 am

Lol you are getting there dude. They are starting to to look good :D that gun with the clip actually came out awesome
shapp
Fanatic Realmer

Postby smash54 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:53 pm

cool work...i like the sword dude.. ;)
smash54
Newbie Realmer

Postby deathbymexico » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:58 am

not much progress, still having trouble getting the trigger guards to come out and having lil air bubbles fudge me all up. but i did a few new molds to try some bigger items. any advice from people with casting experience? im also still trying to figure out the best places to put the spruces to get the resin to fill the mold and the air vent to get those bubbles out. a few of my older molds are started to lose some intergirty so i will probably be remolding some when i get around to buyin more of the mold, also if anyone knows a good/ less expensive alternative to the smooth on stuff, i do like it and its easy to use but its not easy on the wallet (thanks to any recent realmers who bought stuff from me, your money is going right back into more action figurey goodness)

so heres the pix!

as you can see the trigger guards on almost all these suck, i dint really clean up any flashing or excess mold cuz they are basically fails

got a few more solid casts out, but these are mostly ok, aside from some cleaning up and painting

new molds! the one revolver came out pretty good, needs cleaned up a bit, the other didnt have the scop come out so good so i just cut it off, also has some hollowness to the bottom of the handle, the knife as well

deadpool supports DBM castings, jus sayin

again advice, tips, comments, whatever i'd appreciate it!! i have a mold for a remmington 870 made up too but havent gotten a chance to really cast it yet, next day off, man free time is really hard to come by these days
deathbymexico
Regular Realmer

Postby shapp » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:29 pm

You should PM either Red Rebel or Star Wars Geek, both cast and both are amazing at it
shapp
Fanatic Realmer

PreviousNext

Return to Trading Post