Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Realmers of all ages, genders, and nations, welcome one an all to my very own contest, the "Link's Custom Inventory Guessing Game!"
You've probably seen my recent "Legend of Zelda" Link custom action figure
. Well, pictured here are a whopping 35 accessories that I created for the toy. THIRTY-FIVE ITEMS!! Can you IMAGINE the time I put into building 35 weapons, tools, and other assorted trinkets and treasures for my little Hylian Hero? So much time and effort and love went into the project that I wanted to make a separate post exclusively for the inventory. And even better, I decided to make a little contest about it! Thus, Link's Inventory Guessing Game was born!
The rules are pretty simple; pictured below are 35 items that appear in the Legend of Zelda series. With a single, VERY obscure exception, EVERY GAME is represented . . . at least one item from almost every Zelda game EVERY PRODUCED is included in this inventory (no, remakes and Tingle spinoffs don't count). Your job is to tell me just what each item is, and what game it came from. Post your answers here in the comments, or in the original figure post on the showcase
. You must submit an entire, complete list all at once (not one item at a time), and you can only submit ONE entry list, so make it count. Then, on Thursday, November 1, 2012, I will randomly choose a winner from all the correct entries, and that person will get a special prize! Yes, THERE IS REALLY AN ACTUAL PRIZE FOR THIS CONTEST! No, sorry, not the Link figure, and not any of the accessories pictured here, but TRUST ME, if you're a Zelda fan, you're gonna LOVE IT!
Easy, right? Well, here's the fine print:
1) Only established Figure Realm members may participate. No outsiders who just happened to hear about the contest from a friend or Facebook or Zelda fan site or whatever, and decided to come here and join up to win. You must have at least one custom posted on the site, or you had to be a forum member, BEFORE this contest opened.
2) You must list the item AND the game it came from. Most items on this list appeared in only one or two games. Certain items appeared in multiple games, but look different in each one. Those items were made based on their appearance in a specific title, and you need to tell me the SPECIFIC GAME THAT DESIGN CAME FROM. If an item design appeared in more than one title, tell me the first game it showed up in. If you're not sure, tell me all the games that used that particular design, and it will still count. But don't just try to tell me an item appeared in every game, because it's simply not true.
3) If no complete, 100% list is submitted by 11/1/12, the prize will go to the contestant who submitted the most complete list.
4) This is not "first come, first served." You have 7 days to submit a list, and you need to get as many right as possible to win, so take your time, do your research, and get them right!
5) There are NO country restrictions! If you win, and you live in Botswana, I'll still figure out a way to ship your prize to you.
Too hard? Need a little help?
1) Google image search is your friend. Also, Zeldapedia and Zelda Wiki.
2) As stated, remakes and Tingle spinoffs are NOT represented on this list . . . but a few OTHER spinoffs ARE!
3) All items are based on game artwork, NOT SPRITES. In-game sprites often look COMPLETELY different from manual art or promotional materials. Keep that in mind as you're looking up these items, particularly for the 2D games.
4) Several Zelda games have a specific item as their title. ALL of those objects are on this list.
5) Upon request, I can provide the reference art I used to make each of these accessories. It won't help you name them, but it might give you a hint as to where they're from.
6) The quiver isn't the item I want you to name. The object ATTACHED to the quiver is.
7) In case you didn't get the joke, the two crook staff items are actually one piece, painted a different color on each side. In the game, they are two different items. You need to name BOTH OF THEM.
8) One item on this list has NO official artwork. It's based on a real-life design for an item that appears in ONE game.
Good luck to all participants! May the Triforce of Wisdom lead you to victory!
NOTE: Picture is probably cropped, click on pic for full image