Cigarette Smoke...

Any news, rumors, questions or info about action figures.

Moderator: Regulators

Cigarette Smoke...

Postby NotMao » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:18 am

Hey guys, was wondering if any of you have bought figures before that were obviously from smoking homes? Even if said from non-smoking.

I got a few on eBay and when I got them even the shipping box smelt like smoke. Nothing was in the description or anything but the seller was honest and gave me a refund. =D>

Also, any ideas and how to get the smell out? I got one that is MOC but the card smells like smoke and there's a hole in the bottom and I fear the figure inside got contaminated. :(
NotMao
Inductee Realmer

Re: Cigarette Smoke...

Postby ole jade jaw » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:39 am

Going through the help pages provides a lot of answers to these types of questions. :)
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=41147
ole jade jaw
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Green Skin » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:02 am

I've had good luck using febreze dryer sheets. Line a box with them and put the stinky figure inside and tape up the box. Check on it after a week or two and the smoke smell should be gone.
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby NotMao » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:20 pm

ole jade jaw wrote:Going through the help pages provides a lot of answers to these types of questions. :)
http://www.figurerealm.com/forums/viewt ... 15&t=41147

Ah, I couldn't find that before. :oops: Thanks!

I did a twice over with sanitizing wipes and it seemed to get off a lot of yellow gunk but the smell was still there. :( I'm gonna try the dryer sheets since the cardboard packaging and hope it absorbs the smell. [-o< I'll post back with results.
NotMao
Inductee Realmer

Postby Spoon » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:38 pm

I recently got two Sin City figures that smelt like nasty incense. I tried cleaning them off with glass cleaner then disinfectant spray. This cleaned them up, but did not remove all of the smell. Dryer sheets in a box did though. I let them sit for like a week.
Last edited by Spoon on Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current eBay auctions: ------>Click<------
Stuff for trade/wants. Updated 9/01/14: ------>Click<------
eBay Feedback +1061
Realm Feedback +22
Spoon
Regular Realmer

Postby therapist » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:08 pm

I got some ML Wolverines in a trade and they smelled AWFUL like cigarettes I was a bit disappointed cuz I figured I would have to throw them away due to my and several members of my family being bothered by the smell of cigarette smoke but I put them in a ziplock bag with some dryer sheets and a week later they couldnt smell a thing
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Return to General Action Figure Chatter