ml scale guns

Talk about the newest figures that are out, your latest finds and hauls from your last shopping spree and the most recent sightings.

Moderator: Regulators

ml scale guns

Postby mpelichoff » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:54 pm

I was just at Wal-Mart and saw some cheap generic military figures that were G.I. Joe scale. There were a few different ones (firemen, police, etc). But the military ones came with several guns that were NOT in scale with the figures, they too big; they were marvel legends scale. Also they were only $5.
mpelichoff
Avid Realmer

Re: ml scale guns

Postby shapp » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:51 pm

I've actually seen those, the figs are for the garbage bin but those weapons are actually pretty great. I've considered paying for just them lol
shapp
Fanatic Realmer

Postby bobtheodd » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:33 am

What's funny about this type of thing. I was in Big lots and they had something like this too, but the guns were MASSIVE. 3 3/4 inch men with 1:6 scale guns....it had to be the silliest thing ever.
bobtheodd
Elite Realmer

Postby Spoon » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:45 pm

Are you guys sure this wasn't a Rob Liefeld toy line? \:D/
Current eBay auctions: ------>Click<------
Stuff for trade/wants. Updated 9/01/14: ------>Click<------
eBay Feedback +1061
Realm Feedback +22
Spoon
Regular Realmer

Postby brushlessmcpx » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:54 am

Isn't he dead?

Oh I'm sorry isn't his career dead?

:D
brushlessmcpx
Casual Realmer

Postby shapp » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:54 pm

>_>

I am actually a fan of his >_<

I was HUGE into all of his Image books, and I used to have his entire run on New Mutants and the entire run of X-Force before they were stolen.

I know his work is terrible but it's a huge part of my childhood and teenage years that I have to say something lol
shapp
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Spoon » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:11 pm

I am actually a fan of some of his work too. I just never miss a chance for a joke at his expense ;). I know all about it being out of proportion and not "Anatomically Correct". Not even gonna get into what he calls feet, or hills to cover them up, bendy guns, missing/lack of backgrounds, weird faces, the same super action poses and adding art after the fact.

I have his New Mutants run as well as his X-Force work, which is nostalgic for me and some of my favorite. His work just always seemed real comic booky to me. Sometimes, isn't that what it's all about? I'd pay for an original piece of Shatterstar or Deadpool work by the man. Shatterstar is one of my favorite Marvel characters. I see a lot written about how Liefeld is an asshat and can be hard to work with. I Can't judge him as a person, never met him.

Fun---->http://www.progressiveboink.com/2012/4/21/2960508/worst-rob-liefeld-drawings
More fun---->http://www.progressiveboink.com/2012/6/14/3084348/the-second-40-worst-rob-liefeld-drawings

Also, I recently saw figures like the ones mentioned in the first post at the Dollar Tree. Some were military themed, some were ninjas.
eBay Feedback +1061
Realm Feedback +22
Spoon
Regular Realmer

Postby therapist » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:18 pm

I am actually a big fan of Liefeld as well some of my prized possessions are my signed (by him) copy of new mutants #98 and my four comic ML Deadpool. I also have a huge piece of art he did but I must admit he has been around waaaaaay too long and draws way too many books to still make some of the mistakes he does, BUT if you aren't looking for any kind of hyper realism then his stuff is very fun and extreme. Kinda great when your in a meat head mood
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Green Skin » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:39 pm

I'm a big fan of his work, but I have to admit that he deserves every joke that gets thrown at him. Whenever I read about him he always comes off as a total tool.
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby shapp » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:09 pm

God I am so jealous of the New Mutant/X-Force collections =( I miss mine soooooooooooooo much. Between the two books (i think 220 ish books in total between them?) I was missing 5 books -_-

I had the expensive ones as well, just a few random ones here and there I didn't have. I moved out of a place I was renting a room for and forgot two boxes (all comics)

I called like 2 days after moving and realized I forgot them and one of the other roommates that were renting rooms had already raided the boxes and I couldn't prove anything. It was a done deal and all gone.
shapp
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Spoon » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:08 pm

That stinks man. You can get the New Mutants run in TPB for 10 bucks. The X-Force stuff is just now coming out in HC. Can get it for around 15.
eBay Feedback +1061
Realm Feedback +22
Spoon
Regular Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:50 am

As a none comic book fan, I gotta say this guys drawings don't seem all that bad to me. It kinda seems like the guy writing the article is picking on certain points. At the end of the day it's a comic book and realism isn't going to happen. He certainly seems to have an odd style when it comes to the ladies but that's his style and we all know not everyone can have the same style.
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby Green Skin » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:09 am

darththomas81 wrote:As a none comic book fan, I gotta say this guys drawings don't seem all that bad to me. It kinda seems like the guy writing the article is picking on certain points. At the end of the day it's a comic book and realism isn't going to happen. He certainly seems to have an odd style when it comes to the ladies but that's his style and we all know not everyone can have the same style.

It's not just the guy writing the article, Liefeld is pretty widely known for his badly proportioned anatomy and inability to draw feet. It's not that bad on the whole but when it's bad, it's really bad. Case in point:
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby Darththomas » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:29 pm

What's wrong with having a sidewards chest that sticks out 4 times more than it should?? :lol: My Dad has the exact same problem :doubt:
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby Green Skin » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:38 pm

To each there own I guess. I hear some ladies like a chest that they can set a drink on....or a few drinks, a pitcher and a sandwhich. :lol:
Green Skin
Regulator

Return to Current Figures & Sightings