Enlarging a whole figure thru casting?

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

Enlarging a whole figure thru casting?

Postby Galactape » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:17 pm

I have a figure, a rather large one, in 3/34" scale. And was curious if there was any way to enlarge the entire figure to twice te size? Without articulation if necessary.
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Re: Enlarging a whole figure thru casting?

Postby Green Skin » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:21 pm

There is a way, but it's expensive. You'd have to make a mold of the figure (or a mold of each piece if you want to retain articulation) then make a casting from that mold using Hydrospan. Once it's fully expanded you'd then make a mold of the Hydrospan, and then finally make a final casting from the final mold. It's a lot of time and money, and that's assuming you know how to cast. Alternatively you could get an established caster to do it for you, but it'd still be expensive. I know Camcokid has worked with the Hydrospan/ Hydroshrink products in the past. Might be worth looking him up if your serious about it.
Green Skin
Regulator

Re: Enlarging a whole figure thru casting?

Postby Galactape » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:36 pm

Green Skin wrote:There is a way, but it's expensive. You'd have to make a mold of the figure (or a mold of each piece if you want to retain articulation) then make a casting from that mold using Hydrospan. Once it's fully expanded you'd then make a mold of the Hydrospan, and then finally make a final casting from the final mold. It's a lot of time and money, and that's assuming you know how to cast. Alternatively you could get an established caster to do it for you, but it'd still be expensive. I know Camcokid has worked with the Hydrospan/ Hydroshrink products in the past. Might be worth looking him up if your serious about it.

I will definitely keep that in mind. Thanks.
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info