Vote For The Next Custom Contest Theme!

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Vote For The Next Custom Contest Theme!

Postby Batman1016 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:55 am

Sure! Not really getting why we pick three, but dem's da rules, I guess. :)
Batman1016
Regular Realmer

Postby Green Skin » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:11 am

Batman1016 wrote:Sure! Not really getting why we pick three, but dem's da rules, I guess. :)

Makes it easier to get a consensus.
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby Tim 121RVC » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:46 am

Classic He-Man
Shield Agent
Female Shield Agent
Tim 121RVC
Inductee Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:04 am

I'm going with

DCUC standard body, the slimmer one NOT the buff one used on Batman, Orion etc.
ML Moonknight/bullseye/captain marvel/ quicksilver etc.
WWE Jakks buff body, festus, triple H etc.
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby thejado101 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:37 am

A good base would be the ml bullseye/moon knight body?
thejado101
Avid Realmer

Postby Shinigami » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:21 am

I hate it, one of the worst bodies ever.
Shinigami
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Green Skin » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:28 pm

This is coming out a little late, sorry guys.

#1 Hour of Power
One hour. Sixty minutes. Three-thousand-six-hundred seconds. That's all the time that you've been allotted for this customizing challenge. The goal is to see just how much you can accomplish while working under a very tight deadline. Everyone is on the honor system for this one, so let's keep it honest.

# 2 Goon Squad
It's all about the benjamins for this one, this contest focuses on hired goons. Mercenaries, thugs, troops, assassins, or spies. Anyone that enters into combat in exchange for money qualifies for this contest. So people like Taskmaster, Deathstroke, and Arcade are valid options as well as generic troops like Stormtroopers, Cobra Vipers, and Joker goons.

#3 FPS Fiesta
Make a custom of any character from a First Person Shooter (FPS) console or computer game. Stuff like DOOM, Duke Nukem 3D, HALO, Halflife, Hexen, James Bond 007, Medal of Honor, Quake, Timesplitters, Turok, Unreal, Wolfenstein 3D, etc.

#4 Revenge of the Nerds
It's time for the smarty pants to get some custom loving, this contest focuses on genius level characters. People like Reed Richards, Mr. Terrific, Brainiac, The Leader, Bruce Banner, Hank Pym, etc.

#5 Energized
Make a custom that incorporates some kind of energy effect. Lantern Corps ring projections, Sith Force Lightning, Psylocke's psi-blade, Cyclops' optic beams, Jack Kirby dots, that kind of stuff. Time to break out the hot glue, transparent plastic/resin, etc.

#6 Unmasked
Make any character without their mask/helmet/hood on, revealing their real face. The character doesn't necessarily have to have a secret identity, but they do have to normally wear some type of headgear that conceals their features.
Last edited by Green Skin on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby Shinigami » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:55 am

I'm gonna go with ENERGIZED, though some of the other themes are great too.
Shinigami
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Batman1016 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:27 am

Oof, toughie this time! I'm gonna go with Unmasked, because I already have two ideas for that one.

Energized would be my second choice, and Hour of Power sounds awesome, but BRUTAL . . . what COULD I get done in an hour?? The mind boggles!
Batman1016
Regular Realmer

Postby Patraw » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:49 am

I think my one hour custom idea would have some very interesting results, but, being a video game junkie, I'm going to go with FPS Fiesta.

While I realize I authored that FPS Fiesta contest description, in restrospect, I think it might be a better idea (and make your life easier, as far as fielding questions regarding what's legal subject matter and what isn't) to include light gun games, rather than exclude them, simply because they are so similar, and, in some cases (particularly light gun games that aren't on rails and allow the player to freely navigate the game environment), pretty much indistinguishable.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:21 pm

REVENGE OF THE NERDS! Hour one sounds cool but I like to sculpt. Takes at least 4 hrs before I could paint.
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby Green Skin » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:20 pm

Patraw wrote:I think my one hour custom idea would have some very interesting results, but, being a video game junkie, I'm going to go with FPS Fiesta.

While I realize I authored that FPS Fiesta contest description, in restrospect, I think it might be a better idea (and make your life easier, as far as fielding questions regarding what's legal subject matter and what isn't) to include light gun games, rather than exclude them, simply because they are so similar, and, in some cases (particularly light gun games that aren't on rails and allow the player to freely navigate the game environment), pretty much indistinguishable.

Fair enough. I'll edit it out.
cheers
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby Tim 121RVC » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:29 am

#3 FPS Fiesta
Tim 121RVC
Inductee Realmer

Postby Green Skin » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:56 pm

FPS Fiesta will be the next contest. Here is the next selection. :D

#1 Not So Super Men
A lot of characters have been copied, but none so much as Superman. The focus of this contest is the legion of knock offs that the Man of Steel has inspired over the years. Entries would be people like Apollo, Mr. Majestic, Gladiator, Sentry, Hyperion, Supreme, Blue Marvel, Prime, Icon, Omni Man, Samaritan, etc. etc.

#2 Yo Joe! Contest
Anything and everything having to do with Hasbro's G.I.JOE franchise. Make your favorite Joes, Cobras, Iron Grenadiers, Dreadnoks, Oktober Guard, etc., however you want. Any incarnation of G.I.JOE (toys, cartoons, comic books, live action movie, video games, etc.) is fair game. Adventure Team, Combat Heroes, RAH, Renegades, Resolute, Sigma Six, Spy Troops, etc.; the possibilities are endless.

# 3 Living Large
We've had a contest about the small, now it's time for the big guys to have their time to shine. For this contest all entries must be 8 inches or larger. The scale of entries is open so there are a lot of options to explore. You could do anything from a giant size character in the 3 3/4 inch scale all the way to a small statured character in the 12 inch scale. Things like Sentinels, Juggernauts, Giant Man, Icon's scale Puck, Celestials, Frost giants, etc. etc.

#4 Barbarians II
Who needs civilization when you can run around in fur panties screaming your lungs out and swinging a giant battle axe? For this challenge, make a custom of any existing barbarian-type character or invent your own primitive savage. Stuff like Conan, Tarzan, Kull the Conqueror, Red Sonja, Warlord, Ka-Zar, Thundarr, Dave The Barbarian, etc.

#5 Alienated Anatomy
The one thing that 99% of customs have in common is basic human anatomy. Everything has a head, two arms and two legs. The challenge of this contest is to get away from that. All entries for this contest must have inhuman anatomy. Things like hybrids (centaurs, mermaids, Satyrs), aliens (metroids, brood, Starros) and animals (Lockjaw, Krypto, Battle Cat)/ The rule of thumb for this contest is if it can pass for a human, it's not allowed.

#6 Battle Beasts
Wood floats on water. Water puts out fire. Fire burns wood. Make a custom of any Battle Beast character you like, or invent your own. Note that you don't have to make your custom in scale with the original Battle Beast toys, or the new MiniMates ones (which are both fairly small), you can make them much bigger if you like.
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby Patraw » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:11 am

I'm sorely tempted to go with Yo Joe!, but my love for monsters/creatures wins out, so I'm picking Alienated Anatomy.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

PreviousNext

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments