[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ccoder/public_html/classes/clsAdvertising.php:119)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ccoder/public_html/classes/clsAdvertising.php:119)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ccoder/public_html/classes/clsAdvertising.php:119)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ccoder/public_html/classes/clsAdvertising.php:119)
Figure Realm • View topic - The "Looky What I Got!" Topic

The "Looky What I Got!" Topic

Any news, rumors, questions or info about action figures.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: The "Looky What I Got!" Topic

Postby Wesr » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:47 pm

Purity wrote:Picked up the Halo 4 blue spartan soldier. Pretty great figure! A few minor complaints: the BR seems a bit too slim, I wish his armor was removable, and, this has been a complaint of mine ever since the Reach line, I really hope they'd bring back the bicep swivel in these guys. It really gives more realistic and overall more cool looking poses. But, aside from that, his sculpt and paint are phenomenal. It's a really fantastic figure. Let's put it this way: I'm not a big fan of 4's new art style(it's dratically different from the previous games who's art I love) but thanks to these figures(this one in particular, I am slowly growing more and more fond of it!

One of the things about 4 that everyone thought was mainly them changing the art, especially the Chief's armor, was also the fact that they added a lot more detail to it visually than you saw in the other cut scenes. though they never did explain why the covenant look so different in this one, i'm just assuming it's because they're a different group. It might get explained later on.

A bunch of Halo minimates, 2 cortanas and a master chief holding a cortana. The halo action clix cortana's too pricey at the moment. Oddly enough i found a different version of the cortana halo clix for 6.00 compared to 20.00 for the blue one.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Purity » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:26 am

sephiroth wrote:
Purity wrote:Picked up the Halo 4 blue spartan soldier...

One of the things about 4 that everyone thought was...

Yes, the "over-detailing." that's what kind of bugs me. But, I also don't like how they made certain parts of the undersuit the same color as the armor. I love the full black wait, shoulders, etc with different color armor. Like halo 3's art. Probably my favorite out of all art designs. The 2nd thing I don't like is that it doesn't look very "halo" to me. I know that's not very descriptive but it's the best I got. When I see halo 1, 2, 3, and even reach(whose art I dont like, but it still has some halo feel to it) I recognize a uniqueness in the armor style. It's very iconic. But when I look at the h4 armor, I don't see much halo iconicness(if that's a word). Honestly, when I first saw the warrior spartan, the first thing it reminded me of was crysis. To me, the armor/bodysuit from h4 looks very similar to the one the dude from crysis wears. Not that crysis has bad art, nit saying that at all, but I feel like halos art is moving more similar to that than halos art. And as For the covies,'yeah it's very different. I'm fine with new armor, I prefer the classic covenant armor, but can deal with new armor, but 1 thing that bugs me is when they change the covenant organically. The the h4 grunts arms, the elites from halo wars, the jackals in reach and 4, etc. New armor makes sense, but when the entire species gets a make over in like 5 years time, that's when I get confused.

Anyway, picked up the halo 4 cortana. Good figure, but has unnecessary articulation(it's really crappy) and man do I wish she lit up. I put her in front of a fluorescent light and the way she glows with her translucent plastic painted looks outstanding. She literally looks like she does in the games. The only problem is that this is only if a light is directly behind her. I really wish they made her a bit more translucent and gave her a nice white light on the bottom. But overall, the sculptings pretty good. Doesn't have exact likeness in face or body type(which I must say, I expect that from mcfarlane based off the other likenesses he's made for other figures) but the screen hand is a great touch. The paint work is, like I said, fantastic, especially if you shine a flourescent or led light behind her. Anyway, she does make a great centerpiece despite her flaws. Shes more of a statue than anything else, but I am still glad I picked her up though.

Sorry for the length... :?
Purity
Avid Realmer

Postby Golden Wolf » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:01 am

I scored a mad love DCUC 2 pack Harley Quinn & Joker from of all places Toys R Us also the WWE Elite series 16 Rock.

I also spotted but didn't buy them - 2 pack neca Rocky vs Alpollo Creed , NECA Assassins Creed 2 pack with alternate color outfits . Donut letting you guys know that's what they have new . I'm still waiting for the prometheus 2 pack with the Engineer vs the Trilobite it's suppose to be a TRU exclusive .
In The Darkness Is Where I Shine !
tnregime.com - The best clothing company's out
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20647
http://www.myspace.com/hawaiianpunisher
http://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=700359085&refid=13
Golden Wolf
Regulator

Postby barefootabe » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:30 pm

i got the limited edition of the Dark knight rises , the one that comes with the broken cowl statue :mrgreen:
check out my trade list!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36407
barefootabe
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Purity » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:19 pm

Golden Wolf wrote:I scored a mad love DCUC 2 pack Harley Quinn & Joker from of all places Toys R Us also the WWE Elite series 16 Rock.

I also spotted but didn't buy them - 2 pack neca Rocky vs Alpollo Creed , NECA Assassins Creed 2 pack with alternate color outfits . Donut letting you guys know that's what they have new . I'm still waiting for the prometheus 2 pack with the Engineer vs the Trilobite it's suppose to be a TRU exclusive .

I saw the AC figures too! I may buy those later. The trilobite-engineer two pack is out. I saw them at my TRU yesterday.
Purity
Avid Realmer

Postby Golden Wolf » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:08 am

Picked up Halo 4 Foward Unto Dawn movie
It's awesome & live action - action movie with some drama and a warhog plus Master Chief is very cool in the movie with some hero moments
I Picked it up from Walmart for $12.95 I highly suggest it for any Halo fan .
Golden Wolf
Regulator

Postby Wesr » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:22 am

Golden Wolf wrote:Picked up Halo 4 Foward Unto Dawn movie
It's awesome & live action - action movie with some drama and a warhog plus Master Chief is very cool in the movie with some hero moments
I Picked it up from Walmart for $12.95 I highly suggest it for any Halo fan .

It's on the list for my mom to grab me in the morning. I'm aiming for the bluray but it doesn't really matter as it'll all look good on my tv lol. The dude in the Chief armor is Colossus from X2 and X3.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Golden Wolf » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:13 am

sephiroth wrote:It's on the list for my mom to grab me in the morning. I'm aiming for the bluray but it doesn't really matter as it'll all look good on my tv lol. The dude in the Chief armor is Colossus from X2 and X3.

Nice ! It's a good movie and the guy who played Colossus is Master Chief that's killer !
Golden Wolf
Regulator

Postby Golden Wolf » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:23 pm

Amazon Lightning Deal on Mattel Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters Tonight at 6PM PST
Posted: 06 Dec 2012 04:56 PM PST

Folks have been making the best of the current Hasbro Marvel Legends sale at Amazon.com – right now RoML Series 3 is available for under $9 each - and it looks like Mattel is going to get a turn with an upcoming Lightning sale on the Mattel Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters.

It’s set to kick off at 6PM PST tonight (12/6), and these flash sales usually go for a couple of hours. I think it will be limited to Batman, Bane, and Catwoman, because those are the only ones available from Amazon. (The more rare figures are also in stock, but are from other sellers just using the Amazon sales channel.) Should be some good prices, because they’re already priced pretty well:

Batman The Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters Collector Batman Figure – $15.97
Batman The Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters Collector Bane Figure – $7.99
Batman The Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters Collector Catwoman Figure (Styles May Vary) – $8.07
But wait for 6PM PST for the Amazon Lightning Deal!

I placed my order already go get yours now Realmers !
Golden Wolf
Regulator

Postby Wesr » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:39 pm

A Funko Pop Halo 4 Cortana. Bidding on a cheap copy of Assassin's creed one seeing as half these people on ebay are charging more for it used than amazon wants new.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Spoon » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:04 am

Snagged a masked Face Off Captain America listed incorrectly on eBay for $19.99 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Legends-CAPTAIN-AMERICA-Series-1-One-/251188749741?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&nma=true&si=%2Bfp0KkXbQlgi%2F5yLVcI%2Bk7UA9rU%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I could have got a Marvel Legends Icons masked Captain America for $28 shipped. I tried to be greedy and use the best offer instead of the Buy It Now. can't win 'em all I guess. I did purchase Thor for $27 shipped from the same seller. He is a nice Icons figure.
Current eBay auctions: ------>Click<------
Stuff for trade/wants. Updated 2/23/14: ------>Click<------
eBay Feedback +1022
Realm Feedback +22
Spoon
Regular Realmer

Postby Wesr » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:18 pm

The original Assassin's creed. I got the 360 version from amazon with a 10% holiday discount and free shipping (not sure how that happened) for 14.40 when it was 14.99 to start with. I can't even find it used around here for that. I'd have liked the ps3 version but they were sold out until the 13th and the discount wouldn't work.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Shinigami » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:36 pm

Shinigami
Fanatic Realmer

Postby barefootabe » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:24 pm

i found dr doom and another deadpool at walmart :mrgreen:
check out my trade list!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36407
barefootabe
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Wesr » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:05 pm

The ebay company sent me the wrong figure so i'm returning it for a refund and got the cortana from another company for a 1.50 cheaper.
Wesr
Realminator

PreviousNext

Return to General Action Figure Chatter