Nipples?

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

Nipples?

Postby Green Skin » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:06 am

So I'm putting the finishing touches on a Namor custom and I'm a bit torn. He's a shirtless character so the question is add nipples or leave them off? Also for shirtless characters are you pro nipples, or anti nipples? I know most Hulk and wrestling figures leave them off, but it still seems weird leaving them off.
Green Skin
Regulator

Re: Nipples?

Postby Mighty Tom » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:50 am

whenever i've done a shirtless custom i always add nipples so yeah i guess i'm pro nipples but its completely up to you.
Mighty Tom
Avid Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:13 am

I tend to just finish a paint job then decide of I want to paint them on or not. I think if there's some kind of armour on the chest it's ok to leave them off but if he's completely naked up top I'd put them on. So in the case of namour, I guess I'd be pro nipples too.
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby loosecollector » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:01 am

The nipples add to the overall shirtless look. If he doesn't have them, he's like wearing a skintone leotard..... I love nipples.
loosecollector
Elite Realmer

Postby Patraw » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:46 pm

If you're going for anatomical accuracy, I'd add the nipples. The only thing I don't like about putting nipples on a figure is that it can be tricky to get them perfectly aligned symmetrically.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Bloodywolf » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:20 pm

loosecollector wrote:The nipples add to the overall shirtless look. If he doesn't have them, he's like wearing a skintone leotard..... I love nipples.

:lol:
Bloodywolf
Casual Realmer

Postby Green Skin » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:14 pm

Thanks guys. Decided to go with the nipples.

Bloodywolf wrote:
loosecollector wrote:The nipples add to the overall shirtless look. If he doesn't have them, he's like wearing a skintone leotard..... I love nipples.

:lol:

Giggity!
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:48 am

Yep. This thread was not what it promised in the title. Since I'm here...many shirtless Hulks do have nipples. Planet, King, FO, Savage, etc and can be, due to the larger size, a good reference for sculpting a comic male nipple. The key even in anatomical accuracy, when sculpting said appendage is subtlety. Too much nipple and Namor will have man boobs. :D
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info