my problem

Any news, rumors, questions or info about action figures.

Moderator: Regulators

my problem

Postby cantgetright » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:45 pm

i just started collecting prolly a year ago, and ive got prolly over 200+ figures since i started, problem is.

i dont open them, like the marvel legends are the only one's i want to open, the marvel universe im not real impress with, so i have no problem leaving them on card, but the legends i wanna crack em open, but ive got it drilled in my head, i they are worth more boxed....but at the same time, dont EVER plan on sellin them.

ive opened a few here and there, but older ones ive gotten for cheap, (human torch, falcon, few others) but once opened just assumed i could have left them on card, they were so wack.

my new trick is, my daughter loves superhero stuff, so im buying doubles, one for myself, and the other for her
cantgetright
Newbie Realmer

Re: my problem

Postby therapist » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:27 am

I have never had that problem. I always feel if I leave them on card they aren't TRULY mine. If I just wanted to leave them on card Id look at them in the store or looked at them online. I also love playing with and posing my figures. I, like you, NEVER plan to sell any of my collection unless an absolute emergency. So with that in mind Id rather get their true full value by fully enjoying them.
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby cantgetright » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:37 am

Ahhh see u got me wantin to open em now =D>
cantgetright
Newbie Realmer

Postby Green Skin » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:03 am

Crack them open and play with them, toys are fun. The extra value of keeping them boxed is meaningless if you never plan to sell them.
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby Darththomas » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:53 am

Open, open, open, open, open, open, open, open, open, open, open, open, open, open, open, open, open, open, open, open, open, open, open, oooooooooooopen!!
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby dbocustoms » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:35 am

open!they are much more fun that way,plus your daughter will love checkin them out,mine do!they beg me too pen em :D
TRADE LIST viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37739
i LoVe LAmP
dbocustoms
Avid Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:18 pm

Open, open, open, open, open, open, open, open, open, open, open, open, open, open, open, open, open, open, open, open, open, open, open, oooooooooooopen!!
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby leafman343 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:58 pm

If you are worried about the value, sometime loose figures can sell for more than carded because bidders will go for the loose figure auctions expecting to pay less. Otherwise, open them, they're more fun when you can pose them with their teams or mid-battle with their greatest foes.
leafman343
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Wolverhulk ISS » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:28 pm

Yup. The only reason to leave a toy in the packaging is if it's for someone else. If you're planning on selling it or giving it away that's great, but my toys gotta breathe yo!
Wolverhulk ISS
Casual Realmer

Postby terryzom » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:43 pm

leafman343 wrote:sometime loose figures can sell for more than carded

Spot on, IMO. Knew I wasn't the only one who noticed this trend, though I'm a little uncertain of the reasoning myself. Just look at what a loose Face-off Cap or Spider-Hulk are going for...

Cantgetright, open 'em up or just move the ones you don't like much as-is. The only time I don't open is if I'm thinking of giving as gifts!

*edit* sorry to bump such an old thread--I didn't read the OP date #-o
terryzom
Avid Realmer

Return to General Action Figure Chatter