Future Contest Ideas

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Future Contest Ideas

Postby 3bcustoms » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:42 am

What up HOMIES!!!!!!!! got a couple of ideas,

1. MOVIE CONCEPTS (LIVE ACTION): make any character from any genre (video game, Comics, cartoon, etc.) so it's not completly limited into a version of themselves as they might appear on the big screen, and no scale restrictions.

2. AMALGAM: again from any genre and scale combine 2 characters into one still containg both attributes of both characters (Batman/Deadpool, Superman/Spawn, Pacman/Wolverine....you get the idea
3bcustoms
Fanatic Realmer

Postby shapp » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:34 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Pacman/Wolverine =D
shapp
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Green Skin » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:36 am

shapp wrote:I'd like to see a contest that is restricted to either star wars, mu, or gi joe scale figures. With the amazing work I have seen from both Incom and Starwarsgeek, it would be cool to see what people could come up with.

I like it, it'll be in the next voting block

3bcustoms wrote:What up HOMIES!!!!!!!! got a couple of ideas,

1. MOVIE CONCEPTS (LIVE ACTION): make any character from any genre (video game, Comics, cartoon, etc.) so it's not completly limited into a version of themselves as they might appear on the big screen, and no scale restrictions.

2. AMALGAM: again from any genre and scale combine 2 characters into one still containg both attributes of both characters (Batman/Deadpool, Superman/Spawn, Pacman/Wolverine....you get the idea

I'll put these in the next voting block as well.
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby shapp » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:37 pm

I love the almalgam idea but I think it would be beyond hilarious to make sure that you meld two characters that are 1) from a 1980s or so video game and 2) a comic book character. I can't stop laughing trying to picture a pac-man/wolverine

I want like mario/blob or samus/phoenix lol
shapp
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Patraw » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:23 am

For amalgams, I'd prefer it if participants could mix-and-match whatever they like, rather than restricting it specifically to a comic book/video game character hybrid.

Here's a couple more contest ideas I came up with the other day:

Resistance is Futile Custom Contest

A Borg Cube has crash-landed in your backyard and they've set their sights on your entire toy collection! Simply take any character you want and customize them to look like they've been assimilated by the Borg (i.e., cover the figure with all sorts of cyborg bits). Your entries can be serious or ridiculous: Borgpool, Count Borgula, Spongebob Borgpants, etc. Or, if you're a purist, you can just make an actual Star Trek Borg character.

Modular Mayhem Custom Contest

Make a custom of any character that has removable modular/interchangeable body parts, including original creations. The character's entire body can be modular (Mod-u-lok, LEGO, MiniMates, Xevos, etc.) or just one part of their anatomy, like the hands or head (Roboto, Trapjaw, B.A.T.s, etc.) Your entry photos MUST exhibit this interchangeability (for example, if you make a character with two different heads, make sure that you show the body wearing both of them). Note that weapons/accessories don't count as interchangeable parts unless they replace parts of the body (for example, a normal machine gun wouldn't qualify, but Trapjaw's claw/gun/hook attachments do, because they take the place of his missing hand).
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby emmbro30 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:51 am

Just a suggestion. As many of you know, I have made 50+ angelic customs. Often the question has come up when I planned to make customs of the "other" side. As I have no desire to do so, I thought it would make for an interesting contest to see who makes the best demon. Again, just a suggestion.
emmbro30
Avid Realmer

Postby Green Skin » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:28 pm

emmbro30 wrote:Just a suggestion. As many of you know, I have made 50+ angelic customs. Often the question has come up when I planned to make customs of the "other" side. As I have no desire to do so, I thought it would make for an interesting contest to see who makes the best demon. Again, just a suggestion.

After you suggested it the first time I included "Deadly Demon II" as one of the voting options. ...it lost to 'Cartoons'.
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby Shinigami » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:42 am

Maybe it would be a good idea to have not only the creators and pictures hidden before a contest starts but also the description of the figure? If your custom has a lot of accessories or you've used evey last piece of a sculpting material you had on it and you submitted it way before the submissions end, people finishing their customs late wouldn't know about your trump card.
Shinigami
Fanatic Realmer

Postby sanmiguel » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:47 am

how about Customizing your local fast food action figure??? it doesnt actually nee to be from a mcdonalds happy meal....it could be anywhere as long as you got it free. maybe from cereals, fast foods, give away or such.....most of them dont have much articulation thats where your creative juice comes out..... :mrgreen:
sanmiguel
Casual Realmer

Postby Patraw » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:12 am

I think a fast-food/cereal toy contest would be fun. I have fond memories of cereal freebies in particular; is it just me, or does it seem like none of the cereal companies do that anymore?

Fantastic Flora Custom Contest
For this challenge, the goal is to make any character that's an actual plant (in whole or part), someone who dresses up like one, or an individual that has plant-based super powers. Stuff like DC's Swamp Thing or Poison Ivy, Wheeled Warriors' Monster Minds, Inhumanoids' Tendril and Redwoods, Lord of the Rings Treebeard/Ents, etc. You can also design an original plant-like character if you like.

Projectile Warfare Custom Contest
Make a custom that incorporates some kind of projectile-firing action feature, either as part of the figure itself, or as an accessory. Any kind of projectile is acceptable, whether it be the typical missile or arrow, or something more exotic like vomit, just as long as whatever it is actually shoots. Likewise, the firing mechanism can be anything: Springs, rubber bands, air/water pressure--even those lame "flick with your finger" dealies are fair game.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby shapp » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:53 pm

In reference to that projectile idea, I just pictured the chicken launchers from gears of war 3 lol.
shapp
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Patraw » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:11 am

There were also cow launchers in the South Park FPS game (which landed butt-first, forcing your opponent's head up their arsehole), and there was also a sniper chicken gun, but instead of shooting chickens, you pointed the bird's butt at your target and it fired eggs out of that end.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Shinigami » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:12 am

What's up with the Same Bodies contest? Shouldn't we start voting, like, yesterday?
Shinigami
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Green Skin » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:24 am

Shinigami wrote:What's up with the Same Bodies contest? Shouldn't we start voting, like, yesterday?

No idea, I'm just assuming Cap had something come up in his personal life. Hopefully he's okay.
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby Tim 121RVC » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:41 am

Patraw wrote:Projectile Warfare Custom Contest
Make a custom that incorporates some kind of projectile-firing action feature, either as part of the figure itself, or as an accessory. Any kind of projectile is acceptable, whether it be the typical missile or arrow, or something more exotic like vomit, just as long as whatever it is actually shoots. Likewise, the firing mechanism can be anything: Springs, rubber bands, air/water pressure--even those lame "flick with your finger" dealies are fair game.

Angry Birds!
Worms!
Tim 121RVC
Inductee Realmer

PreviousNext

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments