Hand swap help

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

Hand swap help

Postby Dravenheart » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:51 pm

Ok, so as most know, I typically deal in 3 3/4" figures, but I was recently asked to make a 6" custom. The base body I'm working with is a ML Human Torch. Ronan Series. But, he has one closed fist and one open hand. What I need is at least one hand that can grip, and I don't want to bounce around, spending a lot on maybes and hunches, and end up just wasting a lot of money. So, any suggestions on what cheaper running figures have hands that swap out nicely with him? Thanks!
Dravenheart
Inductee Realmer

Re: Hand swap help

Postby Shinigami » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:37 pm

DCUC hands should fit.
Shinigami
Fanatic Realmer

Postby loosecollector » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:56 am

2-pack Nick Fury and Ronin have gripping hands that detach at the wrists like your Torch.
loosecollector
Elite Realmer

Postby terryzom » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:57 pm

I'd personally just invest in some Revoltech joints--using them you can make just about any hands work on any arms, often with minimal sculpting, and you're likely to find many more uses out of a single pack. There are even some in really tiny gauges that would work for your MU figures.
terryzom
Avid Realmer

Postby sanmiguel » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:02 am

im hi jacking this thread as i dont want to make another one that would lead to spaming....anyways.....does boil/heat & method works with DC Universe heads??? wantd to do a head swap between 2 DCU figures.....also wanted to know how you take out cape from a DCU fig??? thanks guys!!! :D
sanmiguel
Casual Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:44 am

sanmiguel wrote:im hi jacking this thread as i dont want to make another one that would lead to spaming....anyways.....does boil/heat & method works with DC Universe heads??? wantd to do a head swap between 2 DCU figures.....also wanted to know how you take out cape from a DCU fig??? thanks guys!!! :D

Yup, heat and pop em. As for capes, they're pretty tough to get off in one piece but if you heat them then gently pull till the glue gives up they should come off, I usually just cut them where they attach but my customs rarely need capes.
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby sanmiguel » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:33 pm

EDarthT wrote:
sanmiguel wrote:im hi jacking this thread as i dont want to make another one that would lead to spaming....anyways.....does boil/heat & method works with DC Universe heads??? wantd to do a head swap between 2 DCU figures.....also wanted to know how you take out cape from a DCU fig??? thanks guys!!! :D

Yup, heat and pop em. As for capes, they're pretty tough to get off in one piece but if you heat them then gently pull till the glue gives up they should come off, I usually just cut them where they attach but my customs rarely need capes.

thanks for the tip Ed =D>
sanmiguel
Casual Realmer

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info