Anyone ever try separating the sheaths on an TBML Deadpool?

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

Anyone ever try separating the sheaths on an TBML Deadpool?

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:38 pm

I've got the accessories that went on the back of the old ToyBiz Deadpool figure and I was wondering if anyone ever tried and had luck with separating the sword sheaths on it? They're had plastic so I'm worried I might break them, but I'd really like to remove the top one for use in a custom. Anyone have any suggestions on the best way?
packerbacker180
Regular Realmer

Re: Anyone ever try separating the sheaths on an TBML Deadpo

Postby Galactape » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:15 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:I've got the accessories that went on the back of the old ToyBiz Deadpool figure and I was wondering if anyone ever tried and had luck with separating the sword sheaths on it? They're had plastic so I'm worried I might break them, but I'd really like to remove the top one for use in a custom. Anyone have any suggestions on the best way?

I have that DP. And honestly, I think they would break upon seperation.
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:14 pm

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of when I tried adding some pressure on the ends to split them. Oh well. Thanks for the response!
packerbacker180
Regular Realmer

Postby loosecollector » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:35 am

For the benefit of the curious such as myself... I actually tried it on an extra set I got from a fodder lot. First things first.... DO NOT do it!

Now the info....

If you want to split each sheath....
Each sheath is two separate plastic parts joined together. One flat and the other looking like this " [ " when viewed from the hole. The big "but" is that they are glued (or melted) together in a way that they are like one single piece of plastic. Force them apart, it will break in unexpected areas. Mine will require some modding skills to put together again.

If you just want to separate the two sheaths...
You can but you need to do it in a way that only one of them gets damaged.

Hope this helps. God bless. -LC
loosecollector
Elite Realmer

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:01 pm

LC< thanks for the info. I just wanted one ofr a custom Cheshire I'll be posting soon, but think I'm better off just going without it for now.
packerbacker180
Regular Realmer

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info