Female Action Figures...

Any news, rumors, questions or info about action figures.

Moderator: Regulators

Female Action Figures...

Postby francescawolfe » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:50 pm

Hey guys,

I really want to customise my own female action figures, however I'm really struggling to find any basic figures to customise. Any idea where I can buy female action figure dolls in their natural attire? (i.e. naked). I can only find really expensive character figures, or Barbie type dolls whose limbs don't move. I've come across the Hot Toys dolls, but again so expensive. I'd just want to buy 2 or 3 affordable action figures in the female form that I can dress myself. Any ideas? I'm from the UK, but I'd buy from America if that's where these figures exist!

Please help me out.

Cheers,

Francesca 8)
francescawolfe
Newbie Realmer

Re: Female Action Figures...

Postby Xem » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:43 am

If you don't mind using dolls, Monster High dolls are relatively easy to find, have a decent range of articulation and best of all, are very cheap.
Xem
Inductee Realmer

Postby francescawolfe » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:44 pm

Thank for replying, I'll check them out...
francescawolfe
Newbie Realmer

Postby Foxdie » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:10 pm

The Wasp and Invisible Woman make some nice base female figures. The best one I've found is the most expensive as I've seen it go for $100 loose, and that is the Black Widow toy that came in a two pack with Warpath.
Foxdie
Inductee Realmer

Postby therapist » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:14 pm

Foxdie wrote:The Wasp and Invisible Woman make some nice base female figures. The best one I've found is the most expensive as I've seen it go for $100 loose, and that is the Black Widow toy that came in a two pack with Warpath.

I believe you mean "...that came with Winter Soldier"

I Like HML Elektra
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Postby Foxdie » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:23 pm

My bad, you're right, I always call him Warpath for some reason, my friends corrects me every time I yell that I got out bid on eBay lol. On another note, I like using the Play Arts FFVII female faces, kinda animeish imo.
Foxdie
Inductee Realmer

Postby Patraw » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:31 am

Cy-Girl sixth-scale female figures have good articulation and are relatively inexpensive (I just looked on eBay and saw several in the $20-30 range), at least compared to Hot Toys.

I'd also recommend hitting up your local thrift store, most of them have a bin of nekkid 12" female figures, usually for about a $1 a piece. While 95% of them are likely to be barely articulated Barbies, you might get lucky and find something more poseable (and there are some Barbies molds that do feature more joints than others). When I used to customize Barbies, that's where I got my fodder from (that, and raiding my younger sisters' old toys).
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Suzanne » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:09 am

I'm in the same boat too but I dont know if this size is what you want but its cheap and has a sleek form so you can paint it all flesh tone. Marvel Legends: Psylocke and Black Widow are very good based imo.(3.75 inches in size though) always seem out of stock most of the time where I live, I'm lucky to even find one. Also Winx dolls are pretty good too they even made small ones of those too, same articulation as Monster High but more human appearance.
Suzanne
Newbie Realmer

Postby 10over6 » Fri May 03, 2013 1:46 am

The battlestar Galactica Cylon model #6 (there are 3 different versions of her) are really good looking figure wise and are pretty well articulated. There are also some other females from that line. I have a mess of them but I'm looking for $12 each because I bought them from a collector shop here in Wisconsin for $30 each and have owned them for a while. All are out of package. I have a trade list. I'll post it in my signature at the bottom of this post. Let me know if you are interested whenever, I've got a ton of free time on my hands.
10over6
Casual Realmer

Return to General Action Figure Chatter