Dremmel attachments?

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

Dremmel attachments?

Postby Lestrange » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:44 pm

I bought a dremmel and I have no idea what all the little attachments do. Can anyone give me a rundown of the attachments and there applications ? It's one of the cheaper ones but it came with a ton of stuff and no instructions. So again help!
Lestrange
Inductee Realmer

Re: Dremmel attachments?

Postby Pock63 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:53 pm

Most attachments are pretty strate forward, different shapes for different purposes in general. The white soft wheels are for buffing, the sandpaper ones are for sanding(obviosly haha :) ), I find that the smooth rock like tips that are for grinding work best with plastic because they leave a smooth finish, the thin brown wheels are for cutting, there are also metal tips like saw blades, drills, different shapes for different cuts, even a wire brush attachment and diamond tipped pieces for cutting stones.
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby Lestrange » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:37 pm

Hey that actually helped a lot , thanks!
Lestrange
Inductee Realmer

Postby AC_in_SD » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:42 pm

Hi all,
Question from a newbie -- is it worth it to buy brand name dremel bits, or are the ones from Harbor Freight good enough? I'm sure they're lower quality, but plastic and apoxie are pretty forgiving mediums. Any thoughts?
AC_in_SD
Newbie Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:23 pm

AC_in_SD wrote:Hi all,
Question from a newbie -- is it worth it to buy brand name dremel bits, or are the ones from Harbor Freight good enough? I'm sure they're lower quality, but plastic and apoxie are pretty forgiving mediums. Any thoughts?

In my experience with the dremmel bits the quality is the same no matter where you buy them from, I usually buy mine from harbor freight and there exactly the same as the ones from menards.
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info