Vote For The Next Custom Contest Theme!

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Vote For The Next Custom Contest Theme!

Postby thejado101 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:46 am

small fries. Should be a lot of fun :D
thejado101
Avid Realmer

Postby Patraw » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:25 am

I'm going to go with Storyteller. I think it'd be fun to see all the entry photos as sequential stories/scenes, whether it be something dramatic like a fight or just comedy. I'm assuming you'd only have to make one new custom, and the rest of the figures (supporting "actors/actresses") could be from the rest of your toy collection, but not old customs (so as not to give away your identity)?
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Green Skin » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:37 pm

Patraw wrote:I'm going to go with Storyteller. I think it'd be fun to see all the entry photos as sequential stories/scenes, whether it be something dramatic like a fight or just comedy. I'm assuming you'd only have to make one new custom, and the rest of the figures (supporting "actors/actresses") could be from the rest of your toy collection, but not old customs (so as not to give away your identity)?

That is correct good sir!
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby Lestrange » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:07 pm

I like 5
Lestrange
Inductee Realmer

Postby Patraw » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:00 am

The current poll is closed, Lestrange; you'll have to wait until Green Skin posts a new one.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Green Skin » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:20 pm

It's voting time again! Want to help decide the next contest, now's your chance.

#1 Trophy Case
The object of this challenge is to pick any custom that has won a gold, silver, or bronze trophy in one of Figure Realm's many contests and make your own version of it. You don't have to use the same recipe that the original creator did, and you're free to make improvements/changes, but you have to make the same version of the character that they did [for example, let's say you picked sinag55's Heath Ledger Joker (gold winner of the Vile Volitions II challenge), then that's what you have to make a custom of, you can't make some other incarnation of the Joker character instead]. Take note that, if they have any, participants may not choose their own trophy winning entries, they must pick somebody else's work to emulate, not their own.

#2 Gender Bender III
An oldie but a goodie, we all know the drill here. For this contest simply take your favorite character and make a custom of them as the opposite gender. Megaman becomes Megawoman. Samus Aran becomes Sam Aran. Marcus Fenix becomes Marcia Fenix. Etc, etc.

#3 Food for Thought
Customizing is hungry work, and this challenge will only make it worse! The goal of this one is to make a custom figure that revolves around food in some way. The character can actually be living/sentient foodstuff (Pizza the Hutt, Powdered Toast Man, Food Fighters, etc.), be a food mascot (Ronald McDonald, Tony the Tiger, Charlie the Tuna Fish), etc.

#4 Warriors of Middle Earth
For this contest we focus on the brave warriors and magical creatures of Middle Earth. There are the usual suspects like Gollum, Boromir, Gandalf, Aragorn, Thorin, Sam, Bilbo, etc. But there are also Tom Bombadil, Melkor, Hurin, Beren, Tullkas and the two blue wizards that Gandalf can't remember. All of the inhabitants of Middle Earth are open for this contest; past, presend and future.

#5 Glow in the Dark
Never trip on your toys at night again! The goal of this contest is simple: Make a custom that glows in the dark. The entire figure doesn't have to glow (unless you want it to), just a part of their body, or one of their accessories is fine. You can use GITD plastic, paint, stickers, etc., to achieve the luminous effect, but no cheating with digital photo manipulation! As far as subject matter goes, you're allowed to make whatever you want, but at least one of your entry photos MUST exhibit the GITD feature at work.
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby Pock63 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:59 pm

My vote goes to food for thought because I used to love food fighters as kid :D sadly I lost them when our garage burnt down.
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby Darththomas » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:25 am

Trophy cabinet sounds like fun
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby Shinigami » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:08 am

Trophy Cabinet.
Shinigami
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Patraw » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:10 am

Tough choice, but I'm going to go with Food for Thought too--I can imagine all sorts of fun/crazy entries for that one.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:29 pm

Trophy case.
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby Green Skin » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:03 pm

Voting is now closed, Trophy Case is the winner. The next voting set will be out later tonight.
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby Green Skin » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:21 am

Took a little longer than expected to get these up do to storms, but here they are. I'm starting a new rule that anytime voting is really close, the 2nd place theme gets rolled over into the next voting period. It can only be rolled over once though, so if Food for Thought comes in 2nd again it won't appear in the next voting selection. Just seems a shame to through out contest themes that lose by a small margin.

#1 Food For Thought
Customizing is hungry work, and this challenge will only make it worse! The goal of this one is to make a custom figure that revolves around food in some way. The character can actually be living/sentient foodstuff (Pizza the Hutt, Powdered Toast Man, Food Fighters, etc.), be a food mascot (Ronald McDonald, Tony the Tiger, Charlie the Tuna Fish), etc.

#2 Sid's Room
Just like Sid from Toy Story, for this contest the goal is to create the craziest mismatched action figure using whatever parts you have on hand. Alternatively you could also do customs of the actual toys from Sid's room that appeared in the movie.

#3 Next Gen Heroes
For this contest you would create a custom of a character that has 2 superheroes (or villains) for parents. You could use someone that already exists, like Cable, Damien Wayne, or Ruby. Or you can pick 2 characters for the parents and create an original character. The parents you choose for an original entry don't have to make sense (Wolverine & Big Bertha for example) but they both have to be from the same universe, no cross company pairings.

#4 Costume Closet
This contest is all about costumes. The goal is to redesign the costume of any character, hero or villain. You can make slight alterations to an existing costume, drastic alteration, or even a completely new design. As long as the end result is some new duds for your character.

#5 Cinema of Fear
Make a custom of any character from a horror movie. Jason Vorhees, Freddy Krueger, Jigsaw Killer, Chucky, Pumpkinhead, Leatherface, Pinhead, Dracula, Frakenstein, etc.
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby Darththomas » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:02 am

Me likey Sid's room
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby Shinigami » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:54 am

I'd assume, for all the hook ups Wolverine's had, he's slept with Big Bertha.

Costume Closet, cause that's what I do with most of my customs anyway.
Shinigami
Fanatic Realmer

PreviousNext

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments