Figure Realm Ideas and Feedback

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Figure Realm Ideas and Feedback

Postby Darththomas » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:24 am

jabalong wrote:New user here, so apologies ahead of time if I don't know what the hell I'm talking about! ;)

I'm not a customizer, but was drawn here for inspiration for customs I might one day want to get made and customizers to potentially try work with.

As such, it would be cool if there was a feature whereby one could keep track of their favourites - be it individual custom pages or customizer's profiles.

Has this ever been discussed? It'd be cool, as otherwise now I'm just manually gathering links in an offline document, but that's pretty old school.

Cheers.

Hi Jabalong and welcome
It is possible to become a fan of any customizer here on figurerealm. On every custom is an information box on the right, if you click on the little stormtrooper helmet next to the customizers name it will take you to that customizers profile once there there's a box on the left where you can click on become a fan. Once you've become a fan, their name will show up in a box on the right hand side of your realm page (the first page you should see when you visit figurerealm). Any activity from that customizer will also show up on your realm page in the centre box.
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby Captain Coder » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:09 pm

Hey Jabalong, what EDarthT said is the closest thing there is that you are asking for. I don't think the discussion has ever come up about being able to mark your favorite customs. I could see that being pretty useful. It might be hard to go back and find some specific customs again that you once saw.

A little fun fact... I just did a quick check and there are 48,000+ customs on the site. Why didn't anyone tell me the Showcase had grown so big?? =D>
Captain Coder
Regulator

Postby Patraw » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:50 am

Man, 48,000 customs is a lot (I'm actually surprised the total isn't even higher than that!) Just imagine the amount of storage space (multiple houses/garages?) you'd need to have for that many toys if you owned them all . . .
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Shinigami » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:07 am

I've got an idea! How about a notice board on the front page? Divided into two sections - Need and Have (or something like that). Not for figures or parts you want to buy or sell (well, maybe except custom figure, those would be ok). For services. For example: I need a sculptor, help! Or: I have an air brush, will help paint stuff. Or even: I want to collaborate with another customizer!
What do you gyys think?
Shinigami
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:15 am

Shinigami wrote:I've got an idea! How about a notice board on the front page? Divided into two sections - Need and Have (or something like that). Not for figures or parts you want to buy or sell (well, maybe except custom figure, those would be ok). For services. For example: I need a sculptor, help! Or: I have an air brush, will help paint stuff. Or even: I want to collaborate with another customizer!
What do you gyys think?

I like this idea, even if it was just a section of the forum dedicated to these kinds of subjects it would be great!
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby Mr.? » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:03 pm

i noticed that some realmers now add a link to their own pages to show more pics of their customs, which is displayed like the ebay link, how can i do this? :D
Mr.?
Newbie Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:28 am

The eBay link can be added on the custom submission page, just put the eBay item number in the box that says eBay item number. If it's the box that says for more information on this custom, then that's a paid for privaledge, you can donate to fogurerealm on the page before the custom submission page.
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby Mr.? » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:08 pm

Darththomas wrote:The eBay link can be added on the custom submission page, just put the eBay item number in the box that says eBay item number. If it's the box that says for more information on this custom, then that's a paid for privaledge, you can donate to fogurerealm on the page before the custom submission page.

yes i meant the one about more info, thanks!
Mr.?
Newbie Realmer

Postby thejado101 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:08 am

Pock63 wrote:
Shinigami wrote:I've got an idea! How about a notice board on the front page? Divided into two sections - Need and Have (or something like that). Not for figures or parts you want to buy or sell (well, maybe except custom figure, those would be ok). For services. For example: I need a sculptor, help! Or: I have an air brush, will help paint stuff. Or even: I want to collaborate with another customizer!
What do you gyys think?

I like this idea, even if it was just a section of the forum dedicated to these kinds of subjects it would be great!

Man this sounds awesome, this is a great idea.
thejado101
Avid Realmer

Postby Shinigami » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:51 pm

I don't think it would work on the forums, we have a lot less users here. And... it kinda is here, in our customizers section. The main page would be the best place for this. Do it, mods and admins!
Shinigami
Fanatic Realmer

Previous

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments