NECA TMNT

Any news, rumors, questions or info about action figures.

Moderator: Regulators

NECA TMNT

Postby bjpalm1994 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:32 pm

Hey Guys, Has anyone heard of the NECA Ninja Turtles being recast by another company/individual or being rereleased with colored headbands? I was on ebay the other day and saw several auctions for sale (all from overseas mind you) and they are the NECA turtles but they have the colored headbands. I think one of the sellers even says they have been recast. At first I thought they were custom figures but I saw several auctions and the pics were all different. Any ideas? Thanks guys :D
bjpalm1994
Fanatic Realmer

Re: NECA TMNT

Postby Pock63 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:36 pm

Well I have seen a LOT of customs where people just repainted the neca turtles so seeing a couple on ebay would be no surprise, as for what the seller said about them being recast it beats me, could you maybe post a link to that auction? :)
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby Pock63 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:43 pm

I've been looking around and this is super weird! Here is a thread I came across about neca bootleg figures fromt he technidrome forums and what these new ones might be are more bootlegs that they gave different collored headbands to, but darn those are some nice bootlegs!!! I wouldn't even care that there not official!!! http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=34780
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby Pock63 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:44 pm

There on Amazon so I think that rules out my customs idea!
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby Pock63 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:47 pm

I just noticed that on ebay ALL of the turtles with colored headbands are from chinese sellers, EVERY, SINGLE, ONE!!! In my mind that proves that there bootlegs but I'm going to keep reading into it,
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby bjpalm1994 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:40 pm

I'm glad you saw those for yourself :D I read that thread you linked as well and I agree that if these are bootlegs, they look pretty darn good! Definitely something I will be keeping my eye on and the theories to the existence of them are interesting as well. Thanks for responding & helping me out! :D
bjpalm1994
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:03 pm

bjpalm1994 wrote:I'm glad you saw those for yourself :D I read that thread you linked as well and I agree that if these are bootlegs, they look pretty darn good! Definitely something I will be keeping my eye on and the theories to the existence of them are interesting as well. Thanks for responding & helping me out! :D

Wekk Neca definitely didn't make them, they only have the rights to make the comic turtles if they made I colored headbands it would be copy-write infringement.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby leafman343 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:12 pm

ẈĀŦƧĦĪƧ₣Ā₵Ė wrote:
bjpalm1994 wrote:I'm glad you saw those for yourself :D I read that thread you linked as well and I agree that if these are bootlegs, they look pretty darn good! Definitely something I will be keeping my eye on and the theories to the existence of them are interesting as well. Thanks for responding & helping me out! :D

Wekk Neca definitely didn't make them, they only have the rights to make the comic turtles if they made I colored headbands it would be copy-write infringement.

It is that issue of copyright infringement that some say NECA stopped making the TMNT figures altogether. Rumor has it that Playmates Toys was putting pressure on NECA to stop because they wanted to do the comic turtles themselves. Playmates even made prototypes of the comic figures that they were going to release for the 25th anniversary of the TMNT but never got around to releasing them. I'm sure with a little digging you can find pictures of them.
Edit: found a link http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=20&itemid=13789
leafman343
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:57 pm

leafman343 wrote:
ẈĀŦƧĦĪƧ₣Ā₵Ė wrote:

It is that issue of copyright infringement that some say NECA stopped making the TMNT figures altogether. Rumor has it that Playmates Toys was putting pressure on NECA to stop because they wanted to do the comic turtles themselves. Playmates even made prototypes of the comic figures that they were going to release for the 25th anniversary of the TMNT but never got around to releasing them. I'm sure with a little digging you can find pictures of them.
Edit: found a link http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=20&itemid=13789

Yeah, I saw those a while ago and thought they were going to be really nice but then playmates toys switched there focus to the Ultra Articulated Ninja Turtles Classic run and the new cartoon figures.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Return to General Action Figure Chatter