Future Contest Ideas

Find out the latest news related to Figure Realm. You are encouraged to make any comments, suggestions or report any problems with the web site.

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Future Contest Ideas

Postby Clayface » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:48 pm

I vote for the Feline contest
Clayface
Inductee Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:15 am

Into the deep!
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby John11756 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:31 am

How bout a Deadpool custom contest? There are so many dp's on the realm we could see who makes the best deadpool figure. It could also be extended to deadpool corps and characters like hulkpool.
John11756
Regular Realmer

Postby Tim 121RVC » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:22 am

Just curious: I may have missed this, but how/when are new contest themes determined?
Tim 121RVC
Inductee Realmer

Postby Patraw » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:16 am

So far as I can tell, Green Skin has just been selecting the contest themes himself as of late. I started doing the polling thing when I was responsible for the contests because a Figure Realm member requested that methodology, and it seemed like a good idea to me; up until then, I had been just selecting them myself as well (of course, I was taking member's suggestions for themes into account while I was doing so, as does Green Skin).
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby BDCdiesel » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:53 am

Just wondering if there has ever been any mention of an Arkham themed contest? Basically, any figure from the Arkham series of video games, or characters being "arkham-ized", that haven't actually appeared in the games.
BDCdiesel
Regular Realmer

Postby Patraw » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:36 am

There has been a couple of Batman-themed "Gotham City" contests, but not one focusing on the Batman Arkham video game aesthetic in particular. That's a good idea for a contest theme, but, rather than limiting things to those specific titles, I think it might be better to have a challenge that encompassed all comic book-based video games, as that would provide a much wider range of characters for participants to choose from (X-men, Death & Return of Super-man, Spider-man, The Tick, WildC.A.T.s, Spawn, etc.) That way, if a given customizer doesn't have much interest in Batman and his associated Family/Rogues Gallery, they could still potentially find another comic book video game character that they may want to make a custom of (or maybe a person does like Batman, but they'd rather make something from an older 8/16/32-bit Batman game instead of the newer Arkham ones).
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby BDCdiesel » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:46 am

Yeah, that is a better idea.
BDCdiesel
Regular Realmer

Postby HeartBreakKid » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:15 pm

I think an Arkham Inmates contest would be awesome focusing on batman's villains only ,rather from the games or not.
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby Green Skin » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:23 pm

I think Patraw hit it right on the head with the focus being on the aesthetic. A contest open to any characters done in the style of the Arkham games. I've got it ready to submit if that sounds cool.
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby Patraw » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:28 am

I'm afraid that wasn't quite what I was trying to say. I meant a more generalized contest encompassing all video games based on comic book properties, not any character done in the graphical style of the Batman: Arkham trilogy. If you want to do a contest focused on the Arkham games, I don't have a problem with that, I just reasoned that there'd probably be more participants/interest if the concept was expanded to be about comic book video games in the broader sense.

In a similar manner, I'd feel that it would be better to have a general video game RPG contest instead of making one that focused solely on Square-Enix's Final Fantasy franchise, again, purely because that would give participants a lot more subject matter and characters to work with.

And, as HeartBreakKid said, a contest focusing on Batman's Rogues Gallery, irrespective of the media they originated in, would also be cool. I was thinking of doing a contest along the same lines a while ago, except with Spider-man's Deadliest Foes instead. The only problem with that, as far as writing the rules go, is how do you decide on a cut off point for who is, or isn't, one of their foes when they've crossed paths with almost every villain in their respective comic book universes over the years? The rule I was gravitating towards was that the hero would have to have fought the villain on at least three separate occasions, but I'm not sure if even that would be adequate, because that could potentially exclude relatively new or under-used villains who are intended to be exclusive enemies of that particular superhero.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Mr.X » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:33 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing/doing a Vehicles Contest, but that's just me :lol:
Pew Pew Pew.
Mr.X
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Patraw » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:47 am

Vehicles are legal entries for the current Deadpool Daze and Winged Wonders contests (albeit only "Deadpool-ized" ones for the former, and winged ones for the latter).

We've had some vehicle and/or mount focused contests in the past, so, it stands to reason we'll probably have another one someday.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby redmist » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:38 am

Alright, methinks I have a pretty gnarley idea chicos y chicas: ICONIC COVERS! Say u wanna re-create Detective comics # 27, The poster to Conan The Barbarian, Sgt.Peppers album cover or I dunno; the cover of the Frankenberry cereal IT'S ALL GOOD, BABY! :shock: \:D/

I can already see who could win(not naming names) but this IMO, could really bring out some dope entries... :idea:

Any takers?

Mist
"And this guy: This guy grew up in the Bayou, living with alligators, wrestling with alligators, I call him The Aviator!"
redmist
Elite Realmer

Postby Patraw » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:30 am

I think that one would be cool, and giving it a broader scope, rather than just focusing on comic book covers, should garner more interest/participation. That type of contest has also been suggested in the past (I think I called it "Art Alive" or something in one of the contest polls that I ran back in the day, but, it never got enough votes).

I always thought that McFarlane's Spawn comic book cover series of figures were neat-o, even though they were more statue than action figure.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

PreviousNext

Return to Figure Realm News and Comments