Question about a figure's value

Chat about your favorite figures from the past, get help figuring out the one guy's name from that one series, or tell your favorite childhood action figure story.

Moderator: Regulators

Question about a figure's value

Postby VariablePenguin » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:52 pm

I have 1996 ToyBiz Battle Brigade X-Men Archangel figure MIP that came with an error in it packaging. The little piece of cardboard that is infront of the figure says that he is Patch. Would that increase the value of the figure any?
VariablePenguin
Elite Realmer

Postby Dr Nightmare » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:12 pm

LOL PATCH xD

You'd think errors would decrease the value of a figure to a MIP collector but it seems like they only raise it....by about a buck :lol:

There are some error figures that sell for hundreds for some crazy reason.
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Postby Captain Coder » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:31 pm

Usually packaging errors don't add any value. If you found a collector who specifically collects those, then you might get a bit more for it, but I don't really think there are too many out there. If it was an error with the figure itself, then more collectors would be interested.

Toy Biz is quite famous for packaging errors. They were pretty common in a lot of their toy series in the 90's. We come across them occasionally in some of the other lines, like Marvel Universe and Spider-Man. We just ask for the normal price when it's added to the Figure Shop.
Captain Coder
Regulator

Postby hawkeye » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:35 pm

I read an article somewhere that said unless you can find someone who collects production errors its usally less than listed.(must have been in an old toyfare)
Disconnect & Self Destruct one bullet at a time
hawkeye
Elite Realmer

Return to Figures of the Past