What do you do with your figures?

Any news, rumors, questions or info about action figures.

Moderator: Regulators

what do you do mainly like to do with your figures?

play
27%
collect
65%
sell
8%

Total votes : 37

What do you do with your figures?

Postby MrGore » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:56 pm

Do you actually play with them?
or you just collect?
or you customize just to sell?

myself, I have a grampa who has a small toy store, so I never grew tired of actually playing with figure, although right now my grampa store doesn't really have alot of good figures, just the more commercial ones, and I got into customizing initially cause my bros broke the figures and I had to fix them, still don't have yet any work worthy putting up on the site, but I plan getting good at it, and actually sell stuff, like when I do something for myself I keep it, but will redo and sell if solicited.

and if you play, how you do it?

myself, I basically created my own universe with all chars I got, sorta story line of the game MK vs DC, but I created that story like when I was 8, to be able to put some chars together, then I created sorta main plot, what toys will be in the game play, and out, and I had my toys, my bros had their own, and each chars sorta interacted, with each other so we see as plot goes, after a while we decided we had to make it so my heros only fight my villains, since playing a fight with my bros consists on them smacking they figure against mine and then stretch their arm far away so I can't do the same, I like to pretend some fight choreography.
Now I don't live with my bros any more, and don't have much time, we used to spend an whole evening and night with a game play, sorta like play one saga on a comic book, we had to start it and then end, anyway, I now live with my GF, and she also like toys, she's more into dolls, so I'll just had a universe with giant women to my story, so we can play together, lol

this idea also covers my punisher from spiderman animated series being really short, and other size issues, since it can be a punisher from a realm where people are all small, although I rather have correct size proportions
MrGore
Avid Realmer

Postby CplHicks » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:00 pm

I collect and play.

When i play with my figures it's more of a street fighter sort of thing (but with weapons)

I make robocop fight Cpl Hicks or hellboy fight bizareo. That sort of thing.
Worth killing for
Worth dying for
Worth going to hell for

My trade thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5060&p=27041#p27041
CplHicks
Elite Realmer

Postby Wonder***Woman » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:58 pm

I collect my favorites and cool stuff and play.
And by play I mean like the 40's Wonder Woman-esque way. Bondage thats all I'm sayin :D and kick @$$ girls cat fighting (just whatver random thing I happen to do :mrgreen:)
Wonder***Woman
Regular Realmer

Postby MrGore » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:35 pm

I some times play some great tournament that all main villains kidnap heroes to go into, I have lots of fun with figures who have lots of weapons since I play they get disarmed, but they draw one more weapon then they catch each other fallen weapons, and other fun stuff
MrGore
Avid Realmer

Postby Danogeddon » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:07 am

Play! They're great for working out frustrations or expressing yourself, and if you do creative writing (as I do) they're BRILLIANT for dealing with writer's block!

That said, I don't play with them enough. Keep meaning too but really I just sort of fidget with whatever's around depending on mood. :)

(Anyone else like to move them around in slow motion, like they're jumping in bullet-time style...?)
Danogeddon
Newbie Realmer

Postby Thor the Mighty » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:12 pm

I mainly collect figures but I admit to playing with them at times. I plan on selling a few soon.
Thor the Mighty
Avid Realmer

Postby MrGore » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:28 am

Danogeddon wrote:(Anyone else like to move them around in slow motion, like they're jumping in bullet-time style...?)

Sure, duh, lol, although I'm more of a melee fight player
MrGore
Avid Realmer

Postby Dr Nightmare » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:42 am

Danogeddon wrote:Play! They're great for working out frustrations or expressing yourself, and if you do creative writing (as I do) they're BRILLIANT for dealing with writer's block!

That said, I don't play with them enough. Keep meaning too but really I just sort of fidget with whatever's around depending on mood. :)

(Anyone else like to move them around in slow motion, like they're jumping in bullet-time style...?)

:lol:
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Postby Top-notch comix » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:57 pm

collect and play... and yes, i do the little slow motion thing too :)
Top-notch comix
Realm of Famer

Postby Wonder***Woman » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:19 pm

Thats how I play lmao :mrgreen:
Wonder***Woman
Regular Realmer

Postby HeartBreakKid » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:41 pm

I play with my figure and come up with little story arcs that last a week or so to finish :lol: In my little fantasy world wolverine just killed saber-tooth for raping x-23 but its okay Prof.X erased it from her memory :lol: :lol:also I put them in odd poses throughout the house till someone notices. anyone else come up little stories oh and slow motion rocks :lol:
Oh and one more thing before I shut up, that is quite disturbing Wonder***Woman :lol:
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby Wonder***Woman » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:44 am

I try :lol:
I couldn't find a camera so thats an image curtisy of my scanner :D
Her legs were chained too but you can't see it in the scan :mrgreen:
Sorry but she just has the classic 50's pinup body so why not? :mrgreen:
Wonder***Woman
Regular Realmer

Postby Shadow_Stealer » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:51 am

I'm mainly a collector myself, but I ocassionally make stop motion animation videos.
Shadow_Stealer
Casual Realmer

Postby Top-notch comix » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:03 pm

stop motion rules!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
Top-notch comix
Realm of Famer

play

Postby darknite8200 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:10 pm

i collect and play.i like wonder womans idea of playing though.
darknite8200
Regular Realmer

Next

Return to General Action Figure Chatter