What do you read?

Want to gab about how pointy Batman's ears are or how far Spider-Man can go on a cartridge of web-fluid? Feel free to share your thoughts on all your favorite comics here!

Moderator: Regulators

Postby geki69er » Tue May 15, 2007 9:02 am

i honestly believe thats what is the beauty of comics. you can read what ever the heck ya wanna read. you can read some intense, detailed marvel or dc title, or just go and read an archies digest. whatever you do, thats what comics are out there for. and correct me if im wrong, but archie has been kickin it on the comic scene longer than most of any of the comics out right now. so that cant be that weird. i used to read tons of archie when i was a kid, but for me, once i got to a certain age i just needed something more. the wonderwoman comics are getting really good right now. there are also some really good electra stories if your willing to get right into it. i think thats what attracts some to the archie series, while all the other comic publishers are making sure there is some sort of back story, we all know whats going on with archie and his friends, besides, moose is awsome. and ya, i think betty is hotter. ha, what do you all think or am i some weido who thinks characters are attractive. so with that, keep reading archie, but if you get a chance, try to check out your favorite heroines in their respective titles, you wont be disappointed.
geki69er
Avid Realmer

Postby Greymonk » Tue May 15, 2007 9:15 am

I read the Archies when I was little, I loved 'em! I can remember also falling in and out of infatuation with many of the SHEroes. I sure couldn't explain at 7 years old why I was so fond of wonderwoman!! Never been too much of a DC fan though, but Batman was cool, my folks wouldn't let me get the Dark Night comics cause they were too "violent" heh. I read the horror comics though and they never seemed to care about those. I can still remember a scene in one where it was a WW2 setting and the bad guys were stringing wire up between trees to take out the motorcycle soldiers...I think it had zombie nazis and the like in it. I've only recently started getting back into comics and so I have yet to find exactly the one I'm after but I have enjoyed the zombies and so many of the others.
Greymonk
Fanatic Realmer

Postby geki69er » Tue May 15, 2007 11:38 am

if you enjoy the zombie genre, i would strongly recomend either any marvel zombies, or the walking dead. excellent books.
geki69er
Avid Realmer

Postby Bob-a-Ferret » Tue May 15, 2007 3:24 pm

I read alot of the classics and scifi and fantasy when i am not reading comics. I have everythig from Moby monkey to the Scarlet Letter to Startrek to vampire chronicles to sherlockholmes to the forensic files of the batman. I love to read.
Live by the sword but know that there is a time to love thy woman and your children. For if they do not know your love then your life has no worth and you have failed as a man.
Bob-a-Ferret
Elite Realmer

Postby Shinobitron » Sun May 20, 2007 8:49 am

I just started to pick up Buffy Season eight, what can I say but Weadons an awesome story teller! They plan on doing the same with angel and making Angel Season 6 in comic form as well.
Shinobitron
Regulator

Postby BurningDoom » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:00 pm

I'm a HUGE comic fan. I've been collecting since I was 5 and I'm now 25. I have nearly a 4,000 comic collection, by the last count on my CCL software. Despite my years of experience, I still stick to Marvel and DC though.

Some Favorite books going right now:
Green Lantern, GL Corps, Justice Society of America, Nova, Ghost Rider, Mighty Avengers

Some All-Time Favorite of the Past:
Green Lantern: Emerald Twilight, Green Lantern: Rebirth, Green Lantern: Sinestro Corps War, Death & Return of Superman, Crisis on Infinite Earths, Kingdom Come, JLA: Rock of Ages, X-Men: Age of Apocalypse, Marvel: Infinity Gauntlet, Avengers: Red Zone, and a ton of others.

-Nate-
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Previous

Return to Comics Corner