Vehicular Toyslaughter - Custom Action Figure Contest!
View Contest Entries
You can't expect your toys to walk to every battle, right? It might only take you moments to strut out to Tatooine, er, I mean, the sandbox, but that's a long haul for someone who's only a few inches tall. The object of this challenge is to customize a vehicle of some sort for your figures to cruise around in with style. The smoothest rides will earn gold, silver, and bronze ribbons!
- Any device used for carrying/conveying persons or objects is acceptable, either from real world examples or fantasy/science fiction. Cars, starships, trucks, trains, tanks, planes, boats, jeeps, motorcycles, mecha, helicopters, vans, ATVs, buses, submarines, UFOs, ambulances, hovercrafts, blimps, bulldozers, etc.--the possibilities are nearly infinite. Living/sentient vehicles, like Wheeled Warriors Monster Minds or Disney/Pixar Cars, are also legal subject matter.
- Animal mounts aren't allowed for this contest. We want actual vehicles, not a figure riding on someone, or something, else's back/shoulders (i.e., no horses, chocobos, banthas, dragons, etc.) However, you are permitted to make vehicles that are pulled/drawn by animals, like a stage coach or dog sled, or vehicles shaped like animals, that people can actually ride inside of, like a robotic Voltron lion or a wooden Trojan Horse.
- Provided that their alt mode is a vehicle of some sort, Transformers, GoBots, and similar figures, are acceptable as entries. If you choose this approach, then you must submit at least one photo of your customized toy in vehicle mode.
- You are not required to customize a figure to go with your vehicle (although you're certainly welcome to do so if you want to.) Creating a vehicle should be enough work all by itself. IMPORTANT: If you wish to take some photos of your vehicle with a rider/driver/pilot, then please use an unaltered toy, not your other custom creations (unless it's an all new custom figure that you made specifically to go with your submission.) Remember: the contest entries are supposed to remain anonymous until the voting is over; if you were to put an old custom(s) in your vehicle, Figure Realm voters might recognize it and identify you!
- There are no size/scale limitations; you may customize something as small as a Micro Machine or as huge as the U.S.S. Flagg. You can modify or repaint an existing toy vehicle, create a new one from scratch, or anything in between. Feel free to use whatever materials/parts/tools you like when crafting your entry.
What are the rules of the contest?
It's hard to choose just one custom to vote on when there are tons of great entries, so Figure Realm has a unique voting system where you can vote on ALL the customs! When you click on an entry to view, there's a bar with buttons on it that lets you give the custom anywhere from 1 to 5 Stars. 1 Star means you think they could have done a better job on the custom while 5 Stars means you think they did a perfect job. The votes for each entry are added up when voting is closed and averaged-out to determine the winners. Also, don't abuse the system. Don't give your own custom 5 Stars and then give everyone else 1 Star to boost your rating. Remember, the votes are monitored.
Some points you might consider when casting your vote: Is the figure well-made? Is the paint smooth or crusty? Are there noticeable fingerprints on the sculpted parts? Is it an original custom? Is it accurate to the source-material (comics, photos, description in a book)? Are the pictures clear enough to see the details? Did the creator take the time to include a back-story or recipe? Is the custom so unbelievably awesome that you'd trade your girlfriend for it?
Craftsmanship and creativity are major factors to consider, but ultimately your vote should depend on how much you like the custom, and how well you feel it fits the contest theme.