1) i would have to redesign the hands to be claws. This is dangerous work when you're dealing with small articulated fingers and superglue. I had some panic moments when the superglue dripped down into the joints, but was able to shake it all out in the end. I lengthened the fingers with toothpicks and use the end of flossers for the talons.
2) the costume design. I had a little bit of a head start with the sculpted webbing already present on the base figure, but ben reilly's and peter parker's costumes are still quite different. I had to smear putty over the webbing on the arms, legs and belt to obliterate it. The webbed costume was hand painted by using a dark base and then painting the red blocks on top. There's no way my hand was going to be steady enough to do all the weblines on top of the red. I drizzled hot glue over his limbs for the veiny effect. The spider emblem is fully sculpted on both the front and back. It was a little hard to keep it symmetrical and have the legs all meet up at the half way point and continue onto the shoulders without hindering the articulation.
3) the customer wanted interchangeable heads. One was to be his standard spider-carnage head, and the second was to be ben reilly. I was a little unsure what to do with ben's head, but the customer sent me a comic panel of him in complete shadow, looking all evil with a big symbiote mouth going on. This was more up my street, and i went to town on trying to imagine what that shadowed face would look like in broad daylight. I sculpted the face on top of a sota guile 2nd head as he had an open mouth. I really darkened the eyes but kept the eyeballs very white to contrast and used a lot of fine brushwork to make the darkened areas look like it wasn't just shadow, but a symbiote. I used magnets from another cheap toy to make the heads easily interchangeable.
in the end i was very happy with how he turned out. I wasn't too sure how he was going to look, but it was nice to challenge myself to the dreaded spider-man costume.