Sludge is by far the most ambitious project I’ve done to date. All my previous work has been simple repaints and this was the first one that I’ve actually made significant changes to both Alt and Robot modes.
The neck and chest pieces were made using the tentacles from a Spiderman 2 Movie Doc Ock figure. The Dino head was my first attempt at sculpting, it isn’t perfect but I am still happy how it came out. I also did a minor alteration to the robot head (mostly cutting off the horns).
All the additional parts are attached using rare earth magnets.
I tried to keep the colour scheme as close to the original G1 design as possible.
This has taken me nearly 3 months to complete but I’m really happy with the outcome.
Any comments either positive or negative welcome.