Here's something I made over a year ago.
It's a figure/statue of an original character created by me. Her name is Sclera Irisanian. For the longest time, she's been without an origin story (other than her being a space alien). Just recently I've began working on a comic book about her. (You can find it on deviantart. My user name is "djrustye". When you look at my gallery, you can find a link to "My Comic - Sclera Irisanian")
Rather than giving her a written profile, I want her story to be revealed as the viewers read my comic.
As for the creation of this figure:
1. I created an armature out of aluminum wire and wooden dowels.
2. I glued on 2 wooden balls for the eyes.
3. I built up a layer of crayola magic putty (so I wouldn't have to use so much epoxy)
4. I glued on 2 other wooden balls...hehe
5. I built up layers and sculpted with QuickPlastik epoxy putty.
6. When the epoxy set I sprayed on some primer.
7. I painted the figure with three layers of cheap craft store acrylic paint. (I don't recommend it for custom figures but it worked very well on this statue)
8. I made the clothes out of some shiny metallic fabric and elastic string. (my mom had to help me with the sewing machine a little bit lol)
Sclera Irisanian (c) djrustye (me)