Bats was a labor of love for me. He was my second 6" action figure custom, and I had an absolute blast working on him.
Now, I'm probably the world's slowest customizer, having put in at least 30 manhours on this custom alone. It was quite a learning process, and in the end, it was all worth it.
Well, enough babbling, onward to the mods!
Starting w/ the mattel attack armor bats body as the base, I did the following:
1) swapped a re-painted Hush Series 1 bats head
2) included an interchangeable, Bruce Wayne head (Hush Series 2 Supes head, slightly modded w/ re-painted eyes)
3) notched front and back of neck region to create fully-functional, ball-jointed neck (for up-down head motion!)
4) newly-fashioned, industrial strength vinyl cape
5) 2 additional sets of interchangeable, modded, re-painted gloved hands (for different grips, poses, etc)
6) a "removed" cowl for unmasked bats, when bruce has taken off the cowl
7) a mix of accessories to include in bats' arsenal
and my pride and joy of the project...
8) double knee articulation...worked directly into the existing sculpt of the bats fig, retaining most of the look of the calf that the Four Horsemen gave bats, and yet still providing full-range knee bend motion. the double knee joints i made for bats gives him the ability to low crouch, kneel, and perform a bunch of other cool poses that he was meant to do -- while he looks cool doing them!