Okay, this one is a bit of an involved custom. First, I removed the upper body from the "Grave" Spike figure, and tossed it into the fodder bin as all I needed was the lower body and legs. Using my Dremel, I sanded down the belt and opened up the peg hole in the top of the waist.
Next, I removed the head from a Smallville Series 1 Clark Kent and Dremeled away part of the ball on the body's existing neck peg. I also chopped off the Clark Kent's legs and used my Dremel again to open a hole in the bottom of the shirt to accommodate the Spike figure's legs and waist. When the hole was open enough width and depth wise, I test fit the Spike legs into the shirt. Unfortunately, this proved to be a not-so-good fit, as it wasn't deep enough or wide enough. Alternating between further test fittings and more Dremeling of the cavity, I was finally able to give it a perfect fit. Pulling the two parts back apart, I mixed up a big glob of Milliput and jammed it into the cavity. Next, I pushed the Spike legs back into the cavity (the force of reinserting the legs back into the cavity caused the Milliput to reform itself into a peg that could be inserted into the waist, and thus create a seemless connection). Pulling them back apart once again, I allowed the Milliput to dry, and began working on the neck.
Now with the neck I needed to slightly build it up to accommodate the new head. Also, I had to use my Dremel to sand away the collar of the T-shirt that the Clark figure was wearing underneath the dark blue sweater. When the collar was removed, and the Milliput around the top of the neck was dry and sanded, I started working on the dress shirt collar. This was pretty simple to do, as I just removed the collar from an extra DC Direct Legion of Super-Heroes Colossal Boy figure. Once it was removed, and the inside sanded, I test fitted it over the neck. It was a perfect fit. Temporarily removing it, I added a small strip of Milliput down the center of the shirt from the bottom of the neck to the top of the V-neck of the sweater to create the button strip of the shirt. Next, I reapplied the collar back over the neck to put a slight indentation in the strip of Milliput as a guide as to where the collar would end up being glued. As soon as the Milliput had dried, I removed the arms and began painting the torso (it took about 4 coats of red to get the sweater right and two coats of flat white for the dress shirt). When the paint had dried, I put the collar back over the neck and glued it in place, painting the collar white. When the white paint dried, I applied two coats of flesh tone to the exposed portion of the neck.
While I waited for all these things to dry, I painted the detached arms red. Again, it took about four coats of red to get them right. Before I began painting the arms, I had removed the hands so that I could repaint them to match the new head and neck. When the arms were finally dry, I ran hot water from the kitchen tap over the shoulder peg holes to loosen them enough to reattach the arms. When the arms were reattached, I then reattached the hands.
After painting the pants blue to match what was traditionally worn by the teenage Clark Kent in the comics, I applied Testor's modeling cement into the shirt cavity and attached the legs to the torso.
The next to last step, and probably the least difficult, was the modification to the new head's hairstyle. Using my razor knife, I removed the spit curl from a DC Direct Crisis on Infinite Earths Series 3 Earth-Prime Superboy and applied a small portion of Milliput in it's place to recreate Clark's neatly combed hairstyle. When the Milliput had finally dried, I repainted the forehead to cover up where I had removed the spit curl and all the hair to give Clark a more evened out look color-wise.
Lastly, I glued the new head onto the body, and finished by glueing a pair of glasses from a DC Super-Heroes Clark Kent figure onto his head, and Ta-Da...Superboy's alter ego, Clark Kent!
Please check him out and let me know what you think. As always, comments are welcomed.