ML Brown Suit Wolverine
DCUC Green Lantern resculpted head with cowl
I was looking at my first Wolverine and realized how out of scale he was. He was as tall as all of the other figures I made. So I decided to re use the original Wolverine body. First, I cut down the chin to shorten the face. Then, as I began to modify the expression on his face, I had a really bad mess up and had to dremel down the whole mouth area and completely re-sculpted it.
Next, I cut down the wrists to shorten the arms and added the DCUC fists. I cut the claws off of the back of the original hands and shaved them down to glue to backs of DCUC fists. I had to trim and re-size a few of the claws because they were different sizes. I also had to straighten them, so heated them, shaped them, then ran under cold water to hold. After that, I put a coat of super glue over the claws and dried them. They seemed to hold in the position I shaped them in. Next, I painted the claws which also added to the stability.
The worst part of the process was repainting the original color scheme. I colored over with yellow to make my first Wolverine. Yellow paint is a pain and it felt like I wasted all that time. I mixed similar but noticeably different shades for this custom then alternated between was and dry brush.
I like this version much better than my old one and now he looks more like he does in the comics!
Thanks for looking!