As with my Obi Wan bust I wanted to go in a different direction instead of doing full figures, and being a huge Indiana Jones fan this was the obivious joice for my second bust. I even went a step further and added detial to the base itself which I think gives the figure more character. Once the whole thing was put together I used GW, Vallejo and Reaper paints.
1: Head & Fedora - The head is from an old viynl kit I had lying around, plus I really liked the likeness as it is the younger version of Indy from ROTLA. The head was cut from the fedora which was molded to it as it was to small and then it was given extra hair using GW's greenstuff, and the facial hair was done by heating a needle and then scribing the hot needle into the viynl.
The fedora is from a guyin the States which I've had for years I had to sand it a lot to get the brim the correct width and then I superglued it to the head.
2: Body & Hands - The body is from Dragon and the hands are fro Sideshow.
3: Jacket, Shirt & Pants - The Jacket is from BBI, the shirt and pants are from a WW2 US figure they were boiled in water with fabric softner and a teaspoon of bleach to get the rigidness out of them and then sanded and drybrushed to get the desired look.
4: Pants belt, Holster belt - The pants belt is some old fabric I had in the bits box the buckle is some plastic shaped to the desired shaped and the belt end is some lead foil cut to shape and glued in place.The holster belt is from a dragon FBI figure.
5: Holster, Whip, Bag & Map - The holster is made from left over leather and the pistol handleis from a WW2 flare gun cut off and glued inside the holster. The whip is made from leather strips, The bag is from aSideshow WW1 figure I cut off the straps and added a leather strap and a buckle from the bits box, The map is from the internet I down sized it and printed it out and scrumbled it up to get the old feel to it.
6: Base - The base is from a 1/16 military model kit to get the stone effect I cut strips of marine styrofoam glued in onto the base let dry and once dry I got a piece of sandstone from the garden and pushed it into the foam leaving impressions, it was then painted and model railway bushs were used for the creeping vines. To get the Indy sign background looking like the stone I took a photo down sized it then using PSP-6 I pasted the Indy logo over that then using some left over foam glued the print to the foam and the painted the foam and then glued it to the base.