Paints used :
Tamiya Metallic Silver (undercoat )spray
Tamiya Mica Red spray
Tamiya Gold spray
Clear Coat Spray
Red Clear Coat Spray
Various Citdal Colours - enchanted blue,skull white,black,Chainmail Silver,Black Wash
I decided to pick up the Marvel Select Ironman MK6 as I thought it be uber nice to have in my growing collection of Marvel Stuff only to be majorly dissapointed. On opened inspection i realised this figure is seriously incorrect and majorly flawed even though he look somewhat like the movie version he was absolutley in accurate.I decided I am going to fix this guy up completey and repaint the figure and mod no matter what as I wanted to feel like i wasnt ripped off.
In this listed order is what i did
1) Sanded every nook and cranny for a smoother finish as most areas were rough as guts and very poorly painted.
2) removed all parts and seperated the chest peice which is removable if you boil it in some water.Then cut a V shape in the top section.
3) extended the ball joint for teh head by about 4mm , to my surprise it actually worked and gave it better proportions.
4) Cut and trimmed the hip swivel joints so his legs could spread out better(nothing gay) and be more posable .
5) The head was missing the faceplate holes on his forehead sand the side of the cheeks .So i added those with a thread remover.
6) The chest was retooled to fit better and I cut away the major flawed upper chest piece which originally made the figure look like he was wearing an American football uniform. Allthough it was cut not exactly accurate it looks more in proportion and now we can see the detail on the neck sculpt.
7) once i was happy with the structural look and performance of limb movements it was time for a complete repaint.
Paint was done in this order
Sprayed undercoat of Metallic Silver , then sprayed body with Mica Red, then sprayed it with Clear Red for a deeper finish, then sprayed the gold parts.Then finished it with a gloss clear coat . Then completed the detail work afterwards.
Well thats it , I hope youu guys like this and all feedback is welcomed. Let me know if you think this looks better .