I just got commissioned to do one of these and I found this to be the perfect time to come up with a new way to go about this figure. I hate to sell my best work because from the start I do these for myself. So when I come about doing a new one Then I usually free up on the older beta test versions. But this time I found myself going through several processes that led me to be able to make an ARMY of these guys.
So... Like I had hinted to a week ago... I came up with a new process in producing my new Michael Keaton Batman figures. Before I would do a one-off sculpted neck base and blend it into the head I took from a figural gumball container. This time I still did that as a master copy but then I made a direct copy of that setup via silicone and resin. The head and neck are built, set and dried. Then a mold is made of that piece ON the figure. Then repeated with the belt. Once the mold is cured it's time to party.
I take a Survival Suit Bruce Wayne and remove all the belts and harnesses, squarely cut off the neck right down to the collar bone. I wrap the upper torso in saran wrap (one layer) I pour my resin with a release chamber at the bottom for those ears and then pop the figure into place snugly. The figures are identical so the remaining exposed body locks into place very easily leaving the casted resin with a fitting to the bottom of it that will hug the body when dried. You have to hold everything in place while it dries but this resin sets up in about 5 minutes (Alumalite does anyway).
The belt is also casted in the same manner. I made a small strip from that 2 part food safe yellow Mold Master goop. Wrapped it around the waist of a figure with the proper belt built on. made the mold let it cure in place and then poured resin to recreate that belt on the next figure. So now I'd never have to sculpt, cast, or rebuild any part of this unless I just wanted to. The abs and gauntlets/shinguards of course will need to be sculpted every time but that's just for now :).
The cape is built as always into the body, BUT this process was actually developed so that I can simply place the neck and head ontop of the cape and lock it in place. That will be seen soon enough.
Thanks for looking!!!