I decided to make another superhero and started looking on the net and came across a Hanna Barbera web link and saw Mightor and decided to give him ago. I wanted to give him a more caveman look and subsituted the gold braces and belt for a more leather feel to him, the figure and base were painted and weathered using Vallejo and GW paints and pastel chalks.
Mighty Mightor - The body is from ACI and the same type I used for Doc Savage, the head is a resin Arnie one I have had in my parts box for a long time which I picked up from Lonnie. I put some plastic soles on the feet which I grabbed from a pair of Dragon boots, I then used pleather for the main boots and wrapped the pleather around the feet and lower legs to get the look I wanted.
The straps around the boots are leather strips and the fur at the top of the boots is fake fur I got from a haberdashery. The loin cloth and belt is pleather and was cut to shape, the wrist bracelets are pieces of cloth and strips of leather.
The horns are two old Spiderman the Lizards tails that I cut to size and secured to the head I then used model sail boat string and wrapped that around the tails and superglued the string inplace. Once the glue dried I then used a mix of plaster and woodglue and covered the string with the plaster and woodglue mix and let it dry.
The cape was made using an old Jiff cloth which is a dish cloth which was perfect as I wanted to have something that looked like scrapped down fur. The mask is some old pleather cut to shape and glued inplace, I tried the mask with the eyes slit open but didn't like the way it looked so went with the cartoon style white eyes.
The medallion was made using some left over High density foam which I used for the base it was cut to shape and two small holes were punched into the foam and some model boat string was used for the necklace. The club was cut from an old branch from the back yard and the bark was stripped off and then I widdled one end to make the handle.
The Base - was made using high density foam and cut and shaped to look like rock and the logo was cut into the foam using a soldering iron. Once I was happy with the way the it looked I then covered the base with a two part mix of plaster of paris and woodglue.